Remoter VNC v2.0

New versions or other announcements

Remoter VNC v2.0

Postby raf » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:49 pm

Was finally submitted to the App Store!
(Update: March 16- Remoter VNC 2.0 is now out in the App Store!)

Changes:

Remoter 2.0 Includes Lots of New Features!
-In-App purchases:
--SSH: Both for terminal connections, also to establish tunnelled and secured VNC connections, as well as arbitrary TCP tunnels on F/W 4+
--Telnet: For terminal connections
--Complete: All current and future add-ons can be purchased now for a low price!

Other Great Enhancements!:
-Discovery List: Easier setup by combining both Bonjour and NetBIOS to detect computers on the WiFi network!
-Discovery list automatically grabs hostname, IP address, port and MAC address (for Wake-On-LAN) if available!
-Better integrated help. Most screens now include information buttons that display help regarding each field on the screen. Tips are also presented when entering screens for the first time with useful information.
-SSH and Telnet based on PuTTY, with full color support, mouse clicking support, and fast text rendering with international character support. ("xterm-color" style TERM). Supporting arrow keys, F-keys, Home, Insert, Delete, End, PgUp, PgDn, Ctrl+keys. Scrolling the terminal buffer can be done with "mouse-wheel" in Remoter.
-SSH and Telnet, configurable option to follow the cursor when the screen is zoomed in.
-Up to 5 SSH arbitrary secure tunnels can be defined and run in the background for up to 10 minutes
-Error message reporting has been greatly enhanced to be of much more help for cases when a connection can't be established or is lost. (connection refused, access denied, resolving issues, authentication, etc)
-Connecting "Alert" can be cancelled now.
-Enhanced keyboard hiding during external keyboard discovery (External Keyboard: Auto).
-Transparent toolbars (configurable) and semi-transparent keyboard.
-Feedback: Audible clicks on tap, and on special button presses.
-VNC hostname and port are now two separate fields to reduce confusion
-Trackpad now has an acceleration setting in the Config screen!
-Added a SHIFT special button that can be used to "Shift+Click". For iPad, also added a "SPACE" and "BACKSPACE" special keys to help navigating.
-Added support for Server-Side scaling (UltraVNC)
-Added support for Multiple monitors (UltraVNC)
-Lots of enhancements to Remoter so it's less memory taxing. Most screens are not preloaded anymore.
-New configuration option: Shake For -- brings up keyboard, goes fullscreen or switches monitors when device is shook.
-For Mac VNC: New keyboard mappings: French (thanks to user Patrick Antouly) and Spanish.
-Mouse Pointer Update can now be enabled in the Config screen (so that Remoter can follow the mouse as it's moved on the computer).
-Sessions can now be edited right from the main Remoter screen by tapping on the cogs icon over the thumbnail. No need to go into the sessions list.
-Wake-on-LAN can now be performed directly from the main Remoter screen by tapping on the power icon over the thumbnail. No need to start the connection for WoL to be sent
-Added option to prevent the device's screen from sleeping. This is only active while connected to a server.
-Help screen: Now has a "Computer Setup" button that brings up alert telling users to go to setup.rafsoftware.com
-Moved VNC username from advanced to basic setup.
-Made "network required" alert into a modal alert, so it can't stack.
-Network status is now checked before attempting to establish a connection.
-And more little fixes and enhancements all over.

Bug Fixes:
-Some passwords weren't getting saved correctly, and were being discarded.
-Screenshot/thumbnails could become orphans before; now they are reused correctly. There were some other issues with the thumbnails being reused incorrectly by multiple sessions in some odd cases. This has been corrected.
-On invalid BPP for server, correctly updating BPP now.
-Better handling of closing popovers when user taps outside the popover window
-Made sure spinning activity indicator is always correctly placed inside the wait alert.
-Better support screen resolution change while connection is active. This would cause mouse clicks to be off.
-Don't reset the user password on authentication failure anymore. The problem can be the username, etc. Let the user correct this.
-Changed "Okay" to "OK" for Modal Alerts, to be consistent with most other alerts.
raf
Site Admin

Re: Remoter VNC v2.0

Postby raf » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:35 pm

News:
Just got notified by Apple that Remoter VNC 2.0 went into the "In Review" phase.. Based on experience, it should now be approved within 2-3 days tops..

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:20 pm

Remoter 2.0 WILL be out tomorrow Wednesday 16th!
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:04 am

And it's now ready for sale! (and update). Thank you all for being so patient!
raf
Site Admin

Re: Remoter VNC v2.0 (Full vs Complete)

Postby Dannie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi,

thanks for the offer, however this causes some confusion:

NOTE: This is not a LITE version, you get a FULL product for just $0.99

I bought the product and expected it to be FULL, but COMPLETE is an In-App-Purchase of 2.99!!

To me this sound a bit misleading, please change the remark so for non natives it's clear that this is not a Full version, but an IN-Complete version

Anyhow the purchased product works at advertised for plane VNC :D

Kind regards
Dannie
Dannie

Postby raf » Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:52 pm

I don't think it's misleading. The whole paragraph is :
"
NOTE: This is not a LITE version, you get a FULL product for just $0.99
VNC and interface improvements will continue to be included and updated for free with Remoter VNC for the included price! (Extras beyond VNC will be provided as in-app purchases, like SSH and Telnet)
'

I actually added this because some users complained that the product (remember, this is "Remoter VNC"!) was a lite version. This is incorrect. For $0.99, you get the whole of the VNC app. SSH and Telnet are not part of VNC and where never intended to be. That's why they are sold as separate add-ons.
Does that make sense?, tell me how you would like the paragraph to read. I'm all for clarity and transparency.

Thanks,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Dannie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:17 pm

Raf,

just make clear in the sentence:

"NOTE: This is not a LITE version, you get a FULL product for just $0.99" with the following addition " with in-app purchases upgrades/extensions"

The difference between FULL and COMPLETE doesn't make sence for a non native english speaker :oops:

The product is a bargain, so advertise it correctly without interpretations

Br,
Dannie
Dannie

Postby raf » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Dannie wrote:Raf,

just make clear in the sentence:

"NOTE: This is not a LITE version, you get a FULL product for just $0.99" with the following addition " with in-app purchases upgrades/extensions"

The difference between FULL and COMPLETE doesn't make sence for a non native english speaker :oops:

The product is a bargain, so advertise it correctly without interpretations

Br,
Dannie

My intention was never to mislead. I've been talking about SSH as an in-app purchase in the blog/twitter for a while, and I thought the description made this clear. But I'll follow your feedback, and update the note to be more clear.

Thanks Dannie,

Raf.

Edit: I updated the note to read:
"NOTE: This is not a LITE version, you get a FULLY working product for just $0.99 (Extras beyond VNC, like SSH and Telnet are in-app purchases) updates to the base product will continue to be included for free with Remoter VNC for the life of the product! "
raf
Site Admin

Postby Dannie » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:14 am

Thanks!

A lot of success with the sales of this great product!

Dannie
Dannie

Postby timcrawf » Wed May 04, 2011 11:27 am

You list Remoter Complete as an in app purchase for $3.99.
My question is this: What is Remoter Complete?
Is there some functionality missing from Remoter that is added when Complete is purchased? Is it just the ssh and Telnet components?
timcrawf

Next

Return to Announcements