Disconnected - Error Connecting To Server

Report your issues here

Disconnected - Error Connecting To Server

Postby alucarde2 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:30 pm

I Don't know whati s happening, i Installed UlltraVNCx64 on my Windows 7 64bits, and follow the Video-Tutorial, but it's doesn't work! I'm sure that the iPhone and the Notebook are in the same Wi-Fi Connection, i'm sure that i'm putting the right IP Adress(192.168.2.104) and the password is also right...

I Also tried with RealVNC, but all results in the same problem....

What can i do to solve this????
alucarde2

Re: Disconnected - Error Connecting To Server

Postby Madbot » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:33 pm

Hello alucarde2,

Did you enable Windows firewall to accept incoming connection on port 5900 for UltraVNC/RealVNC? :D
Madbot

Postby fabayopa » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm kinda having the same problem, except I'm able to connect within my network. When I'm on my home network and plug in the ip address I don't get anywhere. I've attempted to do the port forwarding thing on my westell modem from verizon, but I'm not sure that is the problem. Any ideas? I'm running Mac os 10.6.6. I get "error connecting to server" when trying to connect from home.
fabayopa

Postby raf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:50 pm

If you can connect while in your LAN, but can't from the internet, then it is that your Router is blocking port 5900. Make sure you set up the port forwarding correctly for your router (not the cable modem / DSL modem; unless they're routers as well).
Try a google search for "VNC port forward INSERT_ROUTER_NAME_HERE"
raf
Site Admin

Postby fabayopa » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:36 pm

This is what I have with the manual for my modem.

[Protocol
TCP – Transmission Control Protocol UDP – User Datagram Protocol
Global Port Start
The WAN-side TCP/UDP start port.
Global Port End
The WAN-side TCP/UDP end port.
Base Host Port
The port on the WAN that will host the port forwarding service selected. Base Host Port is the first port that will be used for a specific service when configured for a range of ports.
Direction/ Port Directon
The port direction for the port forwarding rule.]

I have on my modem / router a global port start, global port end, base host port, and direction port. I've put all of them at 5900 - that doesn't work lol. I'm so sorry, I thought I was pretty techie but I guess I've got alot of learning to do. Could you help me with what to input in these spaces?
fabayopa

Postby raf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:07 pm

What's your router make and model?

In any case, you need to select:
TCP/UDP: TCP
Source Port: 5900
Source Address: Blank
Dest Port: 5900
Internal Address: 192.168.1.101 (replace with your computer's LAN IP address)
Description: VNC
raf
Site Admin

Postby fabayopa » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:17 am

Thank you so much. I checked to see if my router is forwarding 5900 and it IS!!! However, I still can't connect from outside my network. I will try again from the beginning with my imac settings and passwords.

Thanks for you help.
fabayopa

Postby avangogh » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:02 pm

I've been using Remoter from some time now. Last week, it just stop connecting. Now, I just get the above error message. I tried deleting the server and tried again to no avail. All the settings for port forwarding and applications is still intact.
I'm running Mac 10.6 with an air port and qwest dsl modem configuration.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
avangogh

Postby raf » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:38 pm

That's insteresting.. If you tried re-creating the session, and it's still not working; then it most likely is not a problem with Remoter (specially if it was working before). If you want to rule out all posibility of Remoter being the problem, you could try deleting Remoter altogether, and reinstalling it from the App Store (you won't be charged again). Then add the session information again.

I'm adding some better error messages to version 1.9 (which will be out real soon).

If none of these suggestions help, then it's definitely something on the other end, either your Router or your computer.

What I think might have happened is that your computer IP Address changed. If it's set up for DHCP (default on most OSs), then it will get whatever IP address the Router assigns to it; which might change over time. When you set up your Router, you might have used one IP address for the port forwarding, but if the PC got assigned a new IP address, then the port forwarding will not work anymore. Check your computer IP address, and make sure your Router Port forward setup is using the same IP address.
If that turned out to be the problem you had, then you should consider setting up your computer with a static IP address; or have your Router assign a static IP address (if supported by your Router).

Thanks!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby avangogh » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:03 pm

Yep, the IP changed! Thanks! Love this app!
avangogh

Return to Support