Various problems Remoter Pro + Mac OS X 10.8

Report your issues here

Various problems Remoter Pro + Mac OS X 10.8

Postby divinenanny » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:00 am

Hi there,

I just bought Remoter Pro to use as a VNC client on my iPhone (5, iOS6) and iPad (3, iOS6) to access my iMac (late 2009, iMac 10.8). All devices are fully updated. Previously I used Mocha VNC lite which worked, but I liked the extra options Remoter Pro offered, so I went for that. But, I can't get it to work correctly due to several issues. Right now I can connect (I see my iMac's screens on my iOs device). I connect directly using the IP of my iMac (locally or over VPN) (I don't use Remoter Fusion and I'd rather not).

- Mouse clicks don't seem to register
Because I used Mocha VNC before, screen sharing was set up. The only thing different in the Remoter instructions was the check mark to "VNC viewers may control screen with password", so I checked that. But where do I enter this password in the set up in Remoter Pro? I tried it in the VNC password box, but then it wouldn't connect. So, I went back to my iMac user account name + password, but still no mouse clicks. I can see the blue circles on the screen when I tap, but I don't see any reaction on my iMac screen. Mouse clicks do work in Mocha VNC lite. I have a feeling I am missing some setting in Remoter Pro...

- Screen display order
I have two screens on my iMac (the iMac and an extra screen). The extra screen is set up to the left of the iMac (physically + in settings). In Remoter Pro I see this screen on the right. In Mocha VNC lite I see it on the left.

- Crashing
I started using Remoter Pro at 1.4.0, and thought then the mouse click issue might be what Raf meant when he said that that version needed fixing. So I waited, but in 1.4.1 I have noticed that Remoter Pro crashes quite a lot. When I updated it crashed any time I wanted to connect (I saw the iMac's screen for a second and then boom...) and now it is still crashing about every other time I try to connect.

So, my question basically is, what setting am I missing where to get my mouse clicks to register and my screens to display correctly?
divinenanny

Re: Various problems Remoter Pro + Mac OS X 10.8

Postby raf » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Let me address your issues:

1- Mouse clicks: Make sure your setup is like this:
Screenshot_5_29_13_2_54_PM.png
Screenshot_5_29_13_2_54_PM.png (119.24 KiB) Viewed 9096 times

Also, you actually don't need to use the VNC password box. To log in use your Mac's account username and password.

2- Screen display order. This is interesting. Maybe we can talk more about this via email. (support AT remoterlabs DOT com)

3- Crashing: If you can recreate crashes at will, please email me at the above address. I would love to be able to recreate these.

Thanks!,
Raf
raf
Site Admin

Postby divinenanny » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:27 am

Oh this is so funny. Mouse works (and probably worked before), but respects my original screen setup. So on my iPad I think I click in my main screen, but I see on my iMac that I am actually clicking my extra screen :D. I'll e-mail you about this.
divinenanny

Postby raf » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:36 pm

The customer was able to (temporarily at least) fix her problem simply by installing RemoterFusion (http://remoterfusion.remoterlabs.com)
-Note that she only installed RemoterFusion: She didn't modify her existing session in Remoter, she didn't register for RemoterFusion.

If RemoterFusion is running (even not registered), Remoter will connect to it, and: perform input redirection, clipboard redirection, sound redirection and multi-monitor support.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby umputun » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:07 pm

the workaround with installing RemoterFusion didn't do anything good for multi-monitor issue. Another one (set/reset rectangle) caused crash a few time and then, as it finally passed, did nothing either.
umputun

Postby raf » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Sorry to hear that. We're working on fixing this issue along with most other known issues and releasing an update.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Please try zooming in a little bit before running "Define Rectangle". Hopefully this will prevent the crash you were experiencing.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:27 am

Both Remoter VNC and Pro have been updated to 4.0.01 and 1.4.03 (respectively). This version should correct this issue.
Please do let me know if you continue to have this issue.

Thanks!
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support