Unable to VNC into Raspbian box on iPad iOS 6.0.1

Report your issues here

Unable to VNC into Raspbian box on iPad iOS 6.0.1

Postby Kyle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:13 am

I've got tightvnc setup on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian, I am able to VNC via my laptop, however every time I try with my iPad with Remoter I get an error right away that the connection was declined, usually caused by the port not being set right (summarizing, don't have the error in front of me) I tried multiple ports, opening them in VNC on the pi first then connecting and it always came back with the same message.

After trying for a couple hours to get it to connect, I tried on my iPhone 4S and it connected right away. Tried again on the iPad and still nothing. Is there some setting I'm missing or an issue with the iPad?
Kyle

Re: Unable to VNC into Raspbian box on iPad iOS 6.0.1

Postby alexschomb » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Honestly I can't see why it shouldn't work on the iPad if it does on the iPhone. Did you make sure that the iPad doesn't accidentally connect via cellular network instead of WiFi (assuming you're using a local IP address)?
alexschomb

Postby Kyle » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:59 pm

The iPad doesn't have 3g, only wifi, it's definitely on the same network and if I try to hit a PC without VNC it sits at connecting for a while rather than immediately giving me the error message, so I'm pretty sure it's actually hitting the Raspbian box, I just don't know why it won't connect. Kinda baffles me.
Kyle

Postby alexschomb » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:22 pm

As you're talking about the Raspberry Pi I expect you'll have more profound knowledge of networking topics. If it is not the app itself (which I expect, because nobody else reported such issues yet) there has to be some kind of network problem. Do you connect via static IPs oder NetBIOS? Try static IPs if you haven't already. Does connecting to the SSHd of Raspbian (if installed) work? Remoter VNC supports terminal connections.
alexschomb

Return to Support