Local disk/folder via RDP

Local disk/folder via RDP

Postby mgi » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:42 am

Hello,

do you plan to add support to access local disk/folder via the RDP session? Remoter is great app when I compare it to the MS Remote Desktop shi..., but I'm really missing this feature.
mgi

Re: Local disk/folder via RDP

Postby raf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:49 am

This is an often requested feature. The main reason Remoter doesn't do this is because there are plenty of great apps that already allow you to access files on remote servers (such as Dropbox).

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Re: Local disk/folder via RDP

Postby pacco » Sun May 12, 2013 11:28 pm

Actually, I'd like to also chime in with a request for this feature -- if it could be implemented using RDP's local resource sharing (i.e., the same as how the actual Windows mstsc.exe app does it with a mapped drive share). It's not uncommon to have network environments that lock down all other access than RDP (3389) and I think this would be a real differentiator for Remoter if it could provide both Remote Desktop and a way to securely all file transfer via resource sharing.

Fwiw, I've seen numerous other iOS desktop control apps that offer host resource sharing, except that they require you to install a host-side component. Besides not working in the aforementioned security environments, these solutions make me nervous because they're essentially turning your host workstation into an adhoc server (and at that point) offer little advantage over something like DropBox, as Raf mentioned in the previous post.

Thanks for your time!
pacco

Return to Feature Requests