URL Scheme keys

Report your issues here

URL Scheme keys

Postby kenknight » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:42 am

Hi,

I'm writing a custom wrapper for authentication to our RDP servers and need to be able launch remoter using the RDP over SSH. I need to pass in all the necessary parameters and we don't want the info to be saved in remoter. This is because we need control over what users connect to which server at any given time for load balancing etc.

Does remoter support the necessary url scheme to accomplish this? If not, would it be possible to add this functionality?

Also, where is a list of the keys that are supported... I wasn't able to find anything other than the standard rdp:// stuff. One other thing to consider is adding the custom handler using something like 'remoter://' to launch the app. This would insure that the correct program is launched if a user had more than one rdp program on their system (like me :) )

Thanks,
Ken
kenknight

Re: URL Scheme keys

Postby raf » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:15 am

Good ideas. I opened a trac ticket to track this feature: http://trac.rafsoftware.com/index.fcgi/ticket/343

The current handlers are vnc, rdp, ssh and telnet.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby kenknight » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:44 am

Thanks so much Raf!

The RDP over SSH is something we are needing desperately to move forward with PCI Compliance. Being able to provide your app with the necessary information in order to make this connection will be wonderful.

I would like this communicate this with the rest of my group, so you wouldn't happen to have a timeline on when this might be implemented would you?

Also, just for clarification, we need to be able to pass in all needed parameters in order to make a connection completely login in. Something like;

remoter+rdp://ourdomain.com/?user=xxx&p ... shport=xxx

Something of that nature.

Again, seriously Thanks!

Regards,
Ken
kenknight

Postby raf » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:44 am

Correct, something of that nature.
But for rdp+ssh, it would be one handler, for rdp another.
About timeline, this won't happen until next year. Version 3.2.1 has already been submitted to Apple and is under review.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby LaSepp » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:51 pm

I just wanted to add myself to the list of people that would be very happy to have this feature added.

We use a system that has all the connection data for our customers in a database and can sign on to any customer server by simply clicking a button.
Almost all systems connect with RDP over SSH - some with VNC over SSH.
It would be great if we can get this onto the iPhone / iPad.

We're 10 users and we partly already use Remoter to manually connect to some of the servers.
Hope to have this implemented some time soon.
LaSepp

Postby raf » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:52 pm

I plan to start work on this later this week. I'm going to need beta testers, please email me to support AT remoterlabs DOT com if you're interested.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby gwinetworks » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Has this been implemented yet as remoter+vnc://ipaddress?
gwinetworks

Postby raf » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:05 pm

This has been implemented as described here (doc is wip):
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... VcwIJPOhO8
And will be included in the next release of Remoter (3.4)

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support