Remoter VNC 2.4

New versions or other announcements

Re: Remoter VNC 2.4 is Out!

Postby ignatz » Fri May 27, 2011 10:36 pm

Raf: Just installed the update. Thanks for adding the port number on the Sessions screen - it would also be useful/helpful on the non-Sessions screen (main screen?) - anywhere the routing address appears. Off the "play" with the new features ... thanks.
ignatz

Postby raf » Sat May 28, 2011 12:33 am

ignatz, opened a new ticket for this. Thanks for the feedback!.
Hope you like 2.4!

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby wcf3 » Sat May 28, 2011 2:08 am

UPDATE: Works now! I messed around deleting and reinstalling and it ended up working. Not sure what exactly fixed it.

Excellent updates by the way, love this app!

I never had the crash on launch problem... until I updated to this release an hour ago. Now it crashes after launch (with a long hang on a black screen). I tried the WiFi disable and was able to get to the main screen but it crashes when attempting to connect. This only happens on my iPod Touch 4g 64 gig; it appears to work great on my iPhone 4g 32gig. I've tried all the usual things to get it working, such as power cycling, with no cure.

Hope you can find a fix as this is one of the best apps I have!
It is by far the best VNC app I've found. I'm a developer myself so if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Chuck
wcf3

Postby raf » Sat May 28, 2011 1:15 pm

wcf3 wrote:UPDATE: Works now! I messed around deleting and reinstalling and it ended up working. Not sure what exactly fixed it.

Excellent updates by the way, love this app!

I never had the crash on launch problem... until I updated to this release an hour ago. Now it crashes after launch (with a long hang on a black screen). I tried the WiFi disable and was able to get to the main screen but it crashes when attempting to connect. This only happens on my iPod Touch 4g 64 gig; it appears to work great on my iPhone 4g 32gig. I've tried all the usual things to get it working, such as power cycling, with no cure.

Hope you can find a fix as this is one of the best apps I have!
It is by far the best VNC app I've found. I'm a developer myself so if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Chuck

When it crashed before, did it crash the first time you started it after the update?

Thanks,
Raf.

PS: I ask because I found a potential crash when starting 2.4 and the plist contained some specific entries. I have since fixed it, and will be included in 2.4.1, but I just want to make sure this is the same thing.
raf
Site Admin

Postby wcf3 » Sat May 28, 2011 2:38 pm

raf wrote:When it crashed before, did it crash the first time you started it after the update?

Thanks,
Raf.

PS: I ask because I found a potential crash when starting 2.4 and the plist contained some specific entries. I have since fixed it, and will be included in 2.4.1, but I just want to make sure this is the same thing.

Yes; it crashed after a short black screen on the first launch after the update, so the plist issue makes sense because I ended up replacing things from the previous version of the app using iPhone Explorer before ultimately deleting it all and reinstalling.

Chuck
wcf3

Previous

Return to Announcements