How to setup up SSH?

Report your issues here

How to setup up SSH?

Postby tango57 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi, I just purchase the in app SSH feature. Sorry I'm very new at this but is there a simple guide to follow on how setup SSH to work with VNC. I'm not sure how to set this up within the app on my iPhone. Is there something I have to setup on my computer first like some service to enable or some software to install within Windows first? Currently I'm using the TightVNC service to connect to my PC and using just the VNC option which works fine. Do I have to forward ports on my wireless router for SSH and if so which ports? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. :D
tango57

Re: How to setup up SSH?

Postby raf » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi, tango57,

you will need to install an SSH server for Windows. Users have had luck with freeSSHd (http://www.freesshd.com/)

SSH uses port 22, so you will need to port-forward port 22 to your computer.

For VNC I recommend UltraVNC 1.0.8.2.

Let me know if you need more help!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby crazybrain » Sat May 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Hy guy.
First of all, GREAT APP, I like it so so so much.So great that I bought SSH add on.....
installed freesshd, tightvnc, but when I set freesshd Password authentication and Public key authentication on REQUIED, don't work with message error : ".....The ssh sever didn't accept the supplied credentials"
But they're ok.If i set between authentication on ALLOWED(on freesshd),it work.I think the private key don't work fine....I created it with puttygen, private and public key, put the private key with itunes on dir remoter vnc in the ipad, and put the public key in a dir on the server ....and set the dir in the option of freesshd.
I'm a little newb, but I spent too much time for set this....plz somebody can help me ?????

tnx

ps : sorry for my english :mrgreen:
crazybrain

Postby raf » Sat May 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi crazybrain,

The upcoming release (*very soon!*) includes much more comprehensive support for SSH public-key based authentication; including a manager view that allows you to create the keys directly on your device. It also provides support for passphrase protected keys.
Version 2.02 doesn't support passphrases, so make sure you don't set a passphrase when you create the key you're using. Also, for the authentication to work, you need to add your public key to the ~/ssh/authorized_keys file on the server.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby crazybrain » Sat May 14, 2011 7:31 pm

hy raf, tnx for your answer.
I haven't protected private key with any passphrases, when puttygen asked that....I think do all well, but there's something wrong.... :D!!I'll try to work on public key.....

waiting for the new version, I thank you

bye bye
crazybrain

Postby Wih3 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:37 pm

I'm also looking for directions to set up ssh, only for a new iMac, if anyone can help. Thanks.
Wih3

Postby raf » Tue May 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Wih3 wrote:I'm also looking for directions to set up ssh, only for a new iMac, if anyone can help. Thanks.

On the Mac, to enable SSH, all you need to do is go to:
System Preferences - Sharing - Remote Login (enable)

Hope this helps,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support