Fantastic app

Fantastic app

Postby peter » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:54 pm

Too rare do I come across an app such as yours, Raf. I did not have much experience with SSH Tunneling, but now have VNC sessions working both on the LAN as well as over the Internet, from iPad and iPhone, WiFi and 3G, to a couple Macbook Pros in different locations. I can even wake the Mac over the Internet with the Mac only on WiFi. SSH keys are working, local port forwarding for non-standard ports.. Beautiful.

RDP to my Win 7 machine also works like a champ. Couple questions/comments though:

* Is the RDP session using 128 bit encryption by default?

* I see an RDP over SSH option, but couldn't find any docs for that setup. For that to work, I assume I need to install an SSH server. I see an old Cygwin OpenSSH package out there, but do you have any recommendations?

* Unlike the Mac, I cannot wake the Win 7 machine (on Ethernet) from your app. However, the iNet iOS app is working, so no biggie.

One bit of documentation feedback for you: In the instructions for setting up SSH keys on the Mac, you may want to tell the user to make sure they are at the root of their home directory before creating the .ssh directory.

Thanks again for the awesome app!
peter

Re: Fantastic app

Postby raf » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:11 pm

Thank you Peter for the nice words. It's always great to hear from happy customers!

About your questions:

* Is the RDP session using 128 bit encryption by default?

To make sure you're using RDP encryption, you need to configure your server.
Screen Shot 2011-11-15 at 8.07.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2011-11-15 at 8.07.58 PM.png (34.8 KiB) Viewed 17321 times

Just select "Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (more secure)"

* I see an RDP over SSH option, but couldn't find any docs for that setup. For that to work, I assume I need to install an SSH server. I see an old Cygwin OpenSSH package out there, but do you have any recommendations?

Correct, but you don't have to if you use RDP encryption (prev question). The only reason you might want to use SSH is if you need to tunnel the connection via the SSH port because of some network restriction.

* Unlike the Mac, I cannot wake the Win 7 machine (on Ethernet) from your app. However, the iNet iOS app is working, so no biggie.

Interesting. It should work, not sure why it doesn't..

Thanks!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby BonitaE » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:01 am

I'd like to join Peter's feedback and say that your app is probably the best software that I've recently downloaded. Thank you so much for your great job!
BonitaE

Postby alexschomb » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:28 am

I agree. I'd like to especially point out your active feedback and development!
alexschomb

Postby raf » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:45 am

Thank you so much for your nice words. They are really appreciated!
Thanks, BonitaE and alexschomb!,

Raf
raf
Site Admin

Postby pacco » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:25 am

I'd like to also like to repeat the thanks I've often made for this app.

Have you considered creating a section in the forums specifically for users to post testimonials and maybe share how they are using Remoter? (Of course, one would hope that these users also took the time to write AppStore reviews)

Just a thought.
pacco

Postby raf » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Good idea, but you're right: positive App Store reviews is what's needed. Specially since people get the app and then come to the forum, not the other way around.

Raf
raf
Site Admin

Return to Other Topics