Hostname unrecognized

Hostname unrecognized

Postby Kilgore » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:05 am

Here's the thing. I have an ipad2 and iphone4(jail broken). I also have the program called "desktop" which seems to be similar. Desktop works with both. I am able to view my Linux desktop, my two macs and a windows7 desktop.
I would rather use remoter vnc. It seems like a better program.
I have it installed on iPad and iPhone. The iPhone works great. But I can't make Any connections at all with the iPad?
It seems like it can "see" all of the other computers but it won't make a connection. It asks me if I have spelled the hostname correctly. Etc. I am using vnc.
I don't get it" the iPhone and ipad are configged identically, save for the fact that the phone is jail broken. Does anyone have any ideas why the iPad would have connection problems?
Kilgore

Re: Hostname unrecognized

Postby raf » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi!,

The iPad should work correctly. If your sessions are working on the iPhone, you can try importing them into you iPad.
With iTunes file sharing, drag-and-drop the file sessions.plist from your iPhone to your desktop.
Stop Remoter on your iPad: (using the multi-tasking bar), then do the reverse with your iPad: drag the file from your desktop into the iPad, overwriting the file already there.

Then try running Remoter on your iPad, it should work. If it doesn't, then there's something else going on. It could be your network connection, or something else. Try restarting the iPad altogether; as a last resort, delete Remoter, and re-install it; maybe there's some corrupted, or otherwise extraneous file there for some reason causing trouble.

Let me know how this works out for you,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Other Topics