[Resolved] Connection to Win XP SP2

Report your issues here

[Resolved] Connection to Win XP SP2

Postby troubadour » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:27 pm

I have an iPhone (3.1.2 version of iPhone software) and windows machine (WinXP SP2) for which I'd like to use your application for remote desktop control and access. It is not a server but just a workstation.

Your specs say it works with Windows, but can this be done?

I have a fixed IP address as well. I began by trying to connect to the machine via my local wireless LAN (through which I normally use the iPhone when at home). I figured if I got that working it would be simple to set up another connection as a "WAN" connection using the "outside" fixed IP address.

So I set up the LAN IP address as the "host" entry, and specified the port as in:

nnn.nnn.nnn.nn:-nnnn

For the last (port) number at the end I used the RDP (WIndows Remote Desktop port that has bene set up in my router for TCP port forwarding). To begin with I disable my firewall to eliminate any potential problems there while getting things working.

When I try to connect, it hums and haws a bit and finally returns this error:

Disconnected
read (54: connection reset by peer)

Am I barking up a wrong tree, or is there a way to get this to work? Your guides offer next to nothing about using the app with windows, etc.
troubadour

Re: Connection to Win XP SP2

Postby raf » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:09 am

Remoter VNC doesn't use the RDP protocol, rather it uses the VNC protocol. Make sure you can connect to your machine from your LAN before moving to the WAN setup. You will need to install ultravnc (http://uvnc.com/download/index.html) or tightvnc (http://www.tightvnc.com/download-old.php)

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Re: Connection to Win XP SP2

Postby troubadour » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:32 am

OK - Thanks.
troubadour

Return to Support