[Resolved] - Scan line problems

Report your issues here

[Resolved] - Scan line problems

Postby E007 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:57 am

Love the idea and exicution of the app haven't had too much time to play with it but it's a bit slow for me. I was thinking about trying some other vnc programs but my main problem right now is no image on my iPhone. I keep getting what looks like the top ten pixels repeated over and over like scan lines. Im on my iPhone right now but will post a pic when I get a chance.
E007

Re: Scan line problems

Postby raf » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:27 pm

You can take a screenshot by pressing Power+Home on the iphone.
What kind of VNC server are you connecting to? Remoter is usually very fast compared to other VNC clients, so I'm surprised it's slow for you.

Thanks,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby E007 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:08 pm

IMG_5768.png
IMG_5768.png (33.73 KiB) Viewed 8279 times

here is the image I get, sometimes it looks like it is trying to refresh and I only get some white pixels mixed in with the lines, but it always has the scan line look. I'm using the VNC that comes with OSx, but will try a new VNC client tonight. I don't know a ton about networking but can usually get by. I was wondering what other variables might hinder VNC, such as the speed of the wifi connection, the video card, the processor speed, memory, or all of it? thanks for you help
E007

Postby raf » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:14 pm

E007 wrote:
IMG_5768.png

here is the image I get, sometimes it looks like it is trying to refresh and I only get some white pixels mixed in with the lines, but it always has the scan line look. I'm using the VNC that comes with OSx, but will try a new VNC client tonight. I don't know a ton about networking but can usually get by. I was wondering what other variables might hinder VNC, such as the speed of the wifi connection, the video card, the processor speed, memory, or all of it? thanks for you help

Very strange. Another person had a similar issue, and I suggested changing the Color Depth to 32BPP in the Advanced Session Settings. This helped in that instance, but will make your connection slower.
What will impact speed the most, in my experience is the resolution of your system, and of course the speed of your iOS device.

Could you try this for me, since I can't recreate this problem? Go into the Remoter Settings screen and disable the Heartbeat. I wonder if this is related.

Thanks!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby E007 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:24 pm

I will test the heartbeat tonight along with a few other things see if I can help out any. I tried changing from 32 and 16 (both look the same and had about the same speed) when I changed it to 8b there was a error and it wouldn't let me sign in. just a note I have a iphone 4 so I don't think the phone is the problem.
E007

Postby raf » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:28 pm

E007 wrote:I will test the heartbeat tonight along with a few other things see if I can help out any. I tried changing from 32 and 16 (both look the same and had about the same speed) when I changed it to 8b there was a error and it wouldn't let me sign in. just a note I have a iphone 4 so I don't think the phone is the problem.

8BPP is not supported by the OS X VNC server. But 16BPP should be noticeable faster than 32BPP. Let me know if the heartbeat helps with the "scanline" issue.

Thanks,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby E007 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:23 pm

I rebooted the phone and computer and it solved the problem, it is also much faster and works very well thanks for your help. Now to work on wake on LAN
E007

Postby raf » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:41 pm

Great to hear that! Thanks for letting me know.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support