CloudSync: Delete old entries

Report your issues here

CloudSync: Delete old entries

Postby alexschomb » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:43 am

Hey raf,

I just tried out your new CloudSync function which is awesome. I backedup my sessions from RemoterBeta for Mac to Dropbox and tried to restore those on my iPhone. What I experienced was that only *new* entries were added to the current sessions. That sounds like a good solution to me, but in this case I'd like to have both my Mac and iPhone identical concerning the sessions list. Is there a simple way to delete all existing entries in my iPhone easily? (besides deleting it via the iTunes share function)
alexschomb

Re: CloudSync: Delete old entries

Postby raf » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:54 pm

I thought about adding this option, and decided against it, just because it's so "dangerous".
For now, iTunes file sharing is the only option. The restore is careful not to overwrite "old" sessions, or sessions that seem too similar.

Thoughts?
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby alexschomb » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 am

How about adding this function in the iOS system preferences? Some apps do that and that way it is less likely to happen accidentally. Besides, you can always backup your sessions in Dropbox.

When you implement such a feature I'd welcome an option to just delete certain groups. Also I'd like to backup/export only certain groups or entries so I can share them with others (colleagues).
alexschomb

Postby raf » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:44 am

raf
Site Admin

Return to Support