Strange display bugs

Report your issues here

Strange display bugs

Postby alexschomb » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Hey raf!

I expect you're already working on implementing the new features from the Mac version in the iOS app. Just yesterday I experienced a strange display bug I'd like to share with you. It happened when I connected to a VNC server (over VPN), disconnected and connected to a different one. When connecting I experienced that only a portion of the screen was used, even when changing the zoom level or going to fullscreen. When disconnecting I experienced even worse display bugs and when connecting again to the same or other VNC servers it even got worse. The only solution to end this was manually closing the app (double tap home button and remove from background apps list)

Sadly I wasn't able to reproduce the problem, but maybe it has something to do with the different screen resolutions of the two PCs I connected to. The first (that worked well) had a standard FullHD resolution. The second one had a resolution with a 4:3 aspect ratio.

All machines I connected to were Windows 7 PCs running TightVNC v2.5.2. My iPhone 3GS is running iOS 5.1.1

IMG_1123.PNG
IMG_1123.PNG (111.67 KiB) Viewed 8780 times

IMG_1124.PNG
IMG_1124.PNG (154.34 KiB) Viewed 8780 times

Best regards,

alexschomb
alexschomb

Re: Strange display bugs

Postby raf » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks for the report, alexschomb. I'll try to recreate.
If it ever happens again, could you try rotating the screen to see if that resolves it?

As you guessed, I'm busy integrating/testing the iOS version atm.

Thanks!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby alexschomb » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:27 pm

As far as I remember rotating the screen didn't solve or change anything.
alexschomb

Postby raf » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:01 am

Rotation is handled a bit different in iOS6, and so Remoter VNC 3.8.0 was modified for this. Have you had a chance to test 3.8.0? If you have, please let me know if you're still experiencing this problem.

Thanks!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby alexschomb » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:46 am

I can't try out iOS6 right now as I rely on a jailbreak to access the hosts with my OpenVPN gateway. On iOS5 Remoter VNC 3.8.0 works fine although I can't explicitly confirm that the bug is gone as it already was hard to reproduce previously.
alexschomb

Postby raf » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:57 am

Please email me at support AT remoterlabs DOT com. I'd love for you to help me beta test the latest version, which I believe corrects this issue, amongst others.

Raf.

PS: To reproduce, simply start Remoter (after terminating it) while holding the iPad in landscape mode!
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support