Application terminates unexpectedly

Report your issues here

Application terminates unexpectedly

Postby sanoke » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:30 pm

I'm using Remoter 3.6.3 on my Ipad connecting through Junos Pluse VPN to my Linux workstation. The workstation is running RedHat Linux and using vncserver. I'm using Remoter to access IC design tools and for the most part, it works quite well. However, at least a couple times a day, when I touch the screen, the Remoter application just terminates and I have to start it again to get back to the work screen. I tried switching from full screen mouse pad to the normal one with the track bar. That seemed to help a little but it still does it. I can't figure out what exactly causes it to do this so I can't offer a way to reproduce the problem. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if they found a way to fix it. I tried rebooting the Ipad every morning but that didn't seem to make a difference.
sanoke

Re: Application terminates unexpectedly

Postby sanoke » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:36 pm

I forgot to mention that I also purchased Remoter Pro 1.0.3 in hopes that it wouldn't do it but it does the same thing.
sanoke

Postby raf » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Not sure what's going on. The next version of Remoter is in the works, and includes an updated VNC engine. Hopefully it will correct this issue.
If you figure out how to recreate it, it would be great, so I can test and include a fix in the next version.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby sanoke » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:30 am

raf wrote:Not sure what's going on. The next version of Remoter is in the works, and includes an updated VNC engine. Hopefully it will correct this issue.
If you figure out how to recreate it, it would be great, so I can test and include a fix in the next version.

Thanks,
Raf.

I wish I could. Seems to happen most when I do a cut and paste. I double tap and highlight text then do a two finger tap to get the copy option then single tap where I want to paste it and the another two finger tap and paste. Sometimes when I'm highlighting the text it will terminate the app and I'm back to my home screen but not always. And that's not the only time it does it.

It's still very usable and I can live with the inconvenience to be able to work from my iPad.
sanoke

Return to Support