USB Lockout on Disconnect

Report your issues here

USB Lockout on Disconnect

Postby macmedix » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:05 am

I'm using Remoter VNC Version 3.6.3 on an iPad. When I connect to a OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard iMac (VNC over SSH) control, then disconnect (using the Disconnect menu item at top left), it leaves the iMac keyboard locked out (unresponsive). The usb mouse can be moved around, but not clicked. Disconnecting & reconnecting the keyboard usb cable has no effect, it is still unresponsive.

The only cure I've seen so far it to reconnect Remoter to control that iMac again, and tap the "finger" button at bottom left to activate the mouse mode. I usually then click something, and disconnect the usual way. This will return the iMac to normal usb keyboard operation. I've seen this problem over the past several versions of Remoter complete.

Is there a known workaround for this? Or should I be submitting it as a bug report? Except for this awkward way of leaving the controlled Mac at disconnect, I'm otherwise pretty happy with Remoter.
macmedix

Re: USB Lockout on Disconnect

Postby raf » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:56 am

This is new to me. Thanks for the report. I'll create a ticket. Very strange though.
Please, also make sure you have all the latest updates from Apple.

http://trac.remoterlabs.com/index.fcgi/ticket/486

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Re: USB Lockout on Disconnect

Postby macmedix » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:51 pm

Yes, have all Apple Updates for OSX 10.6.8.
If this is uncommon, maybe I should wonder if it happens to my Mac system, and not others. Come to think of it, I have noticed this problem mostly (always?) when controlling my own Mac. Maybe I have something else installed that conflicts? How may I help you locate the problem?
macmedix

Return to Support