Lock screen problem

Report your issues here

Lock screen problem

Postby Marmotta » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:45 am

I have a full version of remoter on iphone, with the local network all ok... From internet i unable to connect to my osx lion, the problem is the lockscreen, after wakeup from wol, remoter try to connect and succesfully estabilish a connection... But when i try to type the osx password the screen of osx return black and the connection drop down :-(

Exist a tip or workaround for this? If i disable a lockscreen all work good, but I need a lockscreen...
Marmotta

Re: Lock screen problem

Postby jspeciner » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:05 pm

This!

This exact problem is new as of the latest update. What's the story here?

Connecting to machines on the same network works just fine (lockscreen or not). Connecting over a VPN remotely, which used to work just fine, now boots me from the connection about 10-15 seconds into the connection. Details that may be useful - I am using Lion with File Vault 2, all updates installed. The only difference in set up since this started is the most recent update to Remoter VNC.
jspeciner

Postby Marmotta » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:45 am

My problem is the 30 seconds timeout for type a password, no way to disable a timeout or change a duration?

P.s. I use iphone4 with last ios and last remoter... And osx lion (with or without remotefusion the situation not cheange)
Marmotta

Postby jspeciner » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:42 am

Perhaps that's what I'm running into as well. I did a test to see what was happening on my machine when trying to login via a remote connection. I jumped off of my local WiFi and connected to my VPN over 4G (HSPA+) and then established a connection. The screen on my iMac comes on and I can see the lock screen on my iPhone - however trying to interact with the machine over the VNC connection on the iPhone does nothing and after a number of seconds (maybe 30) the iMac display goes back to it's sleep state (just the screen, not the machine) and the VNC connection says that I've been disconnected. The perplexing part is that this is a new problem - I ran Remoter VNC for months using my existing setup without issue and again the only thing I can point it to is the most recent update to the app a few weeks back.
jspeciner

Postby raf » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:49 am

Remoter's VNC engine wasn't updated with the last release, so I doubt that's the cause.
Please make sure you're using both your Mac's username and Mac's password in Remoter's "VNC Username" and "VNC Password" fields.
I know Apple has also released an update to their VNC server (3.6 I believe). Not sure if this is causing the new issue, or if this can resolve it. Please try running Software Update and see if the update is available for you.

Hope this helps,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Marmotta » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:17 pm

I have updated my osx to Mountain Lion but the problem remain the same, i use a vnc user and pass as the same of my login account...

I have tryed another app "Screens" and this work (the login screen remain on and i have the time for write a password) consequently the solution exists. But i prefer remoter (best gui, wol and other functions) in addition to having paid ;)

Please fix it! :(
Marmotta

Postby alexschomb » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:05 pm

I was having those issues, too. Actually it became nearly impossible to login and even if I managed to login the screen faded to the usual Remoter display bug when the display is overlayed by itself again (everything turns very bright, impossible to read). What helped me with the lock screen problem itself was using Apple Remote Desktop (builtin /System/Library/CoreServices/Screen-Sharing.app). ARD works like a charm even on remote Macs with higher resolutions. AFAIK Screens supports ARD, too. That could explain why Screens is performing better here.
Another solution I found is using a different VNC servers besides the default Mac Screen-Sharing. I tried the fresh 4.0 version of Vine Server (former OSxVNC): http://www.testplant.com/support/downloads/vine/
alexschomb

Postby Marmotta » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:33 am

With vine remotefusion is unusable... right? And screen sharing or remote login preference need to be turned off?
Marmotta

Postby alexschomb » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:54 am

Oh, I thought you were talking about the Mac OS builtin ScreenSharing functionalities. I have not tried RemoterFusion, but Vine Server should still work besides RemoterFusion or ScreenSharing as long as you assign a different port (I set "Screen" to "Automatically" and that works, assigned port is 5901). AFAIK RemoterFusion and ScreenSharing both use the VNC standard port 5900, so they can't run at the same time. Nevertheless, when Remoter would support the full functionalities provided by the builtin ScreenSharing feature, there should be no need for Vine Server anymore.
alexschomb

Postby raf » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:22 am

You can use RemoterFusion along with the Vine server. It's not set up for this, but it will work. Just disable Remote Management and ScreenSharing. RemoterFusion will redirect connections to the Vine server. (Set it up in port 5900). Everything should work then, but you will be prompted to set up ScreenSharing on reboot. just say no. If this setup works for you, let me know, and I'll make some changes to prevent this message from coming up.

Thanks!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Next

Return to Support