Cannot connect to an iMac in opendirectory

Report your issues here

Cannot connect to an iMac in opendirectory

Postby udo.christ » Sun May 27, 2012 2:11 am

Hi,
remoter works great for all windows machines i need to logon to using the rdp part.
i am not able - regardless which setting in screensharing and remoter - to connect to a mac enrolled in opendirectory.
the user i need to connect to is an od account.

i have the username/password configured in the settings but am only shown the passord gui on the mac after connecting and the mac won't accept my password. the log says the kdc refused to authenticate. am i supposed to provide an opendirectory/kdc domain somewhere?
it's definitely not a problem with a typo in the password and i can connect w/o problems from another mac using screensharing.
connecting via ssh using the user/password combination also works.

cheers
udo

Code: Select all
May 27 07:59:20 imac loginwindow[76]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): Got user: <username>
May 27 07:59:20 imac loginwindow[76]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): Got ruser: <username>
May 27 07:59:20 imac loginwindow[76]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): Got service: screensaver
May 27 07:59:20 imac loginwindow[76]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): Context initialised
May 27 07:59:20 imac loginwindow[76]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): Stashing kcm credentials in enviroment for kcminit: <username>@<opendirectory-server>
May 27 07:59:20 imac loginwindow[76]: in pam_sm_authenticate(): OpenDirectory - The authtok is incorrect.
udo.christ

Re: Cannot connect to an iMac in opendirectory

Postby udo.christ » Tue May 29, 2012 11:14 am

addendum:
what i've noticed is that in case the screen is not locked with the screensaver remoter connects w/o problems. It somehow must be the communication with the screensaver that hinders me logging on. for each key i press on the keyword i see a bullet appearing in the passwort entry box, if i press return to login the screensaver shivers and denys logon as if the password was wrong.
udo.christ

Postby raf » Thu May 31, 2012 10:16 am

Another user was able to get this corrected by going into Remoter Config, and selecting the "UnitedStates" keyboard mapping layout (rather than direct).

Hope this helps!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby udo.christ » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:11 pm

raf wrote:Another user was able to get this corrected by going into Remoter Config, and selecting the "UnitedStates" keyboard mapping layout (rather than direct).

Hope this helps!,
Raf.

Raf, Thanks for your help. Didn't work however. I disabled the screensaver and logged on.
I changed remoter to use the German mapping ( as this is my macs language setting) and typed my password into terminal to see what's coming out on the remote end. There seems to be an error in the German mapping which causes my problem.

The key labelled # on the iOS keyboard produces a "paragraph" sign instead of the #.

Using UnitedStates should be used if the macs language is set to US-English I assume.

How can I fix the content of that mapping if possible? Could you provide a fix for that keyboard mapping or is that something on the Macs end?

Cheers
Udo
Last edited by udo.christ on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
udo.christ

Postby udo.christ » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi,

And while i'm at it.

= produces 0
^ produces &
€(eur-symbol) does not produce anything
> produces <
¥(yen-symbol) produces a backslash

The rest seems to be fine using German on remoter with a German language Mac. The Mac is running 7.4 if that matters.

Thanks
Udo
udo.christ

Postby raf » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:06 pm

You can modify the mappings by editing the rkl file. (Use a different name than the included one, or it will be overwritten by Remoter on the next startup).
To get the rkl file, you will need to use iTunes File Sharing.

I'll be happy to include your updated file in the next version of Remoter!

Thank you!,
Raf.

(PS: Sorry for the delay to respond! The move is finally over. Forum support is back to normal.)
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support