Connecting to Wrong Computer

Report your issues here

Connecting to Wrong Computer

Postby jahshuwuh » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:07 pm

I have a MacBook and a Windows laptop at home, both configured with VNC. I've just set up an account at no-ip.com and client onto the Windows laptop and got everything set up, but when I use the Remoter VNC program to log in outside my local network it connects to the Mac and not the Windows laptop. If I understand correctly, the external IP address is the address of my router, and not a specific computer. So how do I tell remoter vnc to connect to a certain computer then?
jahshuwuh

Re: Connecting to Wrong Computer

Postby raf » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:31 pm

jahshuwuh wrote:I have a MacBook and a Windows laptop at home, both configured with VNC. I've just set up an account at no-ip.com and client onto the Windows laptop and got everything set up, but when I use the Remoter VNC program to log in outside my local network it connects to the Mac and not the Windows laptop. If I understand correctly, the external IP address is the address of my router, and not a specific computer. So how do I tell remoter vnc to connect to a certain computer then?

This is what you do:
- You set up two port forwards, one for the Mac, another for the Windows box.
-In one forward, you forward 5900 (public) to the Windows box IP, and port 5900
-In the other forward, you forward port 5901 (public) to the MAc box IP, and port 5900 (not 5901!)

In Remoter, you specify the different ports in the session configuration, under VNC Port.

Hope this helps!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support