RDP audio sync problem

Report your issues here

RDP audio sync problem

Postby mkc188 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:05 am

I recently brought a remoter vnc on my ipad. Its control and settings are excellent.
But there is a big problem is that the sound in rdp session is lagging forever. The video and audio do not sync at all.
And the sound quality is terrible. Even I have tried all different combination of settings, such as different audio buffer and quality, I still cannot solve the problem.
I am wondering why the change log said that version 3.2.1 fixed the sound syncing problem. :( :( :(
mkc188

Re: RDP audio sync problem

Postby raf » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:54 am

mkc188 wrote:I recently brought a remoter vnc on my ipad. Its control and settings are excellent.
But there is a big problem is that the sound in rdp session is lagging forever. The video and audio do not sync at all.
And the sound quality is terrible. Even I have tried all different combination of settings, such as different audio buffer and quality, I still cannot solve the problem.
I am wondering why the change log said that version 3.2.1 fixed the sound syncing problem. :( :( :(

Sorry you're experiencing audio problems. Version 3.2.1 did indeed fix major problems with audio in RDP. Audio redirection over RDP works best while on the same network. Over 3G/different network there will be significant lag.
Next version of remoter includes an updated version of the RDP libraries and should help with audio as well.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby mkc188 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks for replying :)
It was running rdp to my pc at the same network indeed, at my home through wifi.
Hope the next version won't make me disappointed.
mkc188

Postby raf » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:49 am

That's my hope as well.
In any case, I recommend the following settings:
-Adaptive Medium Quality
-0 or 1 seconds buffer

Audio won't be perfectly in sync, but it shouldn't stutter a lot either.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support