Only seeing a few lines at the top of the screen

Report your issues here

Only seeing a few lines at the top of the screen

Postby apgroner » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Just bought this app for iPad. Established a connection to my MBP (locally within LAN, following the instructions provided) and it connected immediately. Only problem is that all I can see of the screen is the top 10th or so. The rest appears black. Clicking on some of the controls makes it a slightly larger little slice at the top of the screen but not much. What am I doing wrong? Thanks and best regards, Ann

p.s. the MBP is running 10.6.5 and my lan is wireless controlled by an Airport Extreme.
apgroner

Re: Only seeing a few lines at the top of the screen

Postby raf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:01 am

Sorry your having problems with Remoter. I have to say, I haven't come across this issue. But have a few suggestions.
Could you try going into the session editor, and under Advanced Settings change the Color Depth from the default 16bpp to 32bpp.
If this doesn't help, could you send me more info on your setup so I can try to recreate locally?
I'd like to know the exact version of OS X on your MBP, as well as the screen resolution. Are you using an external monitor? Dual Monitors. If you can take a screenshot (Power + home) that would be great as well.

Thank you!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby apgroner » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi - it seems to be fixed now. I did as you suggested, changing the bit rate. At first it loaded only a few lines - but after I took the screen dump - it went on to render the rest of the screen!

Not sure if it is just very slow - although before, I did sit and wait for it quite a while. Weird.

Anyway, seems to be fine now. Thanks.
Ann
Attachments
photo.PNG
photo.PNG (228.75 KiB) Viewed 4744 times
apgroner

Postby raf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:15 pm

apgroner wrote:Hi - it seems to be fixed now. I did as you suggested, changing the bit rate. At first it loaded only a few lines - but after I took the screen dump - it went on to render the rest of the screen!

Not sure if it is just very slow - although before, I did sit and wait for it quite a while. Weird.

Anyway, seems to be fine now. Thanks.
Ann

Could you try this for me? Please change back to 16BPP, if it's still happening, please let me know what happens if you move drag a window into the non rendered area, or if you move the mouse there and try clicking.

Thanks!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support