[Solved] - I want to be able to draw on my smartboard

Report your issues here

[Solved] - I want to be able to draw on my smartboard

Postby mbudd » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:27 pm

The program works very well...thank you for that. One thing that I have not figured out is that I can usually not draw lines through the Ipad. When I try there is only a point made where i place the mouse and it does not travel the line that I make with my finger. It has actually worked on a few random occasions and would love to have it work consistently. Is there something that I am missing in configuring the program or is this too advanced for the current version of the program?
mbudd

Re: I want to be able to draw on my smartboard

Postby raf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:04 am

Yes, dragging your finger on the screen is analog to moving the mouse with no buttons pressed: only the cursor moves.
It works like the trackpad works on a laptop. You need to double-tap and hold. (like if you were double clicking), but hold the second tap. you can then drag your finger, and the cursor will move with the primary button pressed.
This can be used for drawing, but also for dragging and dropping, or selecting.

Hope this helps!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby mbudd » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:44 am

I also just learned that if you tap on the finger, the drag option, you can just draw and not have to double tap and it works very well. :D
mbudd

Postby raf » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:52 am

mbudd wrote:I also just learned that if you tap on the finger, the drag option, you can just draw and not have to double tap and it works very well. :D

Correct!. For some reason I was thinking you were using an iPhone (on the iPhone, the drag icon is not present: you need to double-tap+hold to drag).

Glad this works well for you!

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support