How can I see moving mouse cursor from remote computer?

Report your issues here

How can I see moving mouse cursor from remote computer?

Postby gumi30 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:38 am

Hi

Remoter works really fast and it is my main remote app.

We are using iPad 2, Remoter and Macs with Snow Leopard to remotely teach people how to use programs on Macs. The only problem is that i dont see mouse cursor from remote computers so I cant se what students are doing and help them in control mode.

Is there any way to enable this in setup or this feature is missing in 3.0.1 ?

I have enabled Remote pointer updates but still i cant see mouse moving from remote computer.

In Team viewer i can do that with enabling remote cursor....but Remoter is much much better and faster...more elegant and responsive than any other app on the market :)

With this feature it would be just perfect.

Thanks
gumi30

Re: How can I see moving mouse cursor from remote computer?

Postby raf » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi gumi30,

"Remote Pointer Updates" is indeed what should enable this. I'll take a look to make sure it's working correctly on Remoter 3.0.1 + Snow Leopard (10.6.8?)

I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
Raf.

PS: I created a ticket for this issue. Please track it here: http://trac.rafsoftware.com/index.fcgi/ticket/330
raf
Site Admin

Postby djrodb1 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:56 am

Hi

I'm having the same problem and still cant view my mouse movements as described in this issue. I checked your ticket and it says the call is closed. Can you be more specific as to how or what you done to resolve this?

Thanks

ROd
djrodb1

Postby raf » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:16 am

djrodb1 wrote:Hi

I'm having the same problem and still cant view my mouse movements as described in this issue. I checked your ticket and it says the call is closed. Can you be more specific as to how or what you done to resolve this?

Thanks

ROd

Yes, the ticket is closed because there was no issue. The mouse pointer is not updated by the Mac, there's nothing Remoter can do about it.
For Remoter 3.2.1, I've added some extra handling for multiple monitors along with RemoterFusion (extra add-on). I could make some quick changes on RemoterFusion so that it also works on single-monitor cases. This does cause the Mac mouse pointer to move along.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby djrodb1 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:23 am

Thanks for this. So if I purchase fusion I should see mouse movements for single monitor screens?
Thanks

Rod
djrodb1

Postby raf » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:40 am

When Remoter 3.2.1 comes out (hopefully soon, it has already been submitted to Apple). I'll post a new version of RemoterFusion that will allow this. Yes.
You don't need to purchase RemoterFusion to try it though, you get to try it for 24hrs free.
Please wait until 3.2.1 comes out to give it a try.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby djrodb1 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Rod
djrodb1

Return to Support