Keyboard Issue

Report your issues here

Re: Keyboard Issue

Postby friesgaard » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:11 pm

I'm not quite sure if the problem was solved, or what the exact problem was. :shock:

I'm using my iPad 2 (with danish keyboard) to control/view my mac mini (danish keyboard) over VNC. I don't have to use RemoterFusion since I have static IP (as I understand it?).

Alright, when I type @, I get a ". However, when I change my keyboard on my mac to US. the problem disappears (not the iPad). Since I don't know the VNC protocol, I guess it could be something with the keyboard mapping in general. Either the program or the VNC implementation on Mac. Could be the latter, I see a related keyboard problem with another VNC program UltraVNC.
friesgaard

Postby raf » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:26 pm

This is all caused by the way the MAc handles the keyboard messages from the VNC client.
RemoterFusion not only helps with the public IP part, but also with the router opening ports part (assuming your router supports UPnP or NAT-PMP).
But RemoterFusion also provides sound streaming, and now with version 3.2.1 (to be out as soon as approved) will also give support for Multiple monitors. And like I said, I've added some code to be able to handle keyboard events myself. This should help me handle the events myself and hopefully bypass some of the problems.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Danubio » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:15 am

Hi,

I am experiencing similar problems with a German system. My passwords contain special characters like #. I was wondering literally for hours why my passwords aren't accepted over Remoter VNC (since you don't actually see what you enter). Then I tried a normal text editor and found out that I need to press those buttons as if I had American instead of a German keyboard layout. Then it works. I am looking forward to see if the update solves the problem.

Greetings
Danubio

Postby stefokebec » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Same problem here with the 0.
I'm mapping the French Canadian CSA Layout. While (,SD-KD9KU9SU- gives me a (
),SD-KD0KU0SU- gives me an 0
still ],MD-KD0KU0MU- gives me ] as expected.

btw, what is the syntax for : alt-e then shift-e to get an É ?

Thank you
stefokebec

Postby raf » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:29 am

Hmm,
how about:
É,MD-KDeKUeMU-KDEKUE

or

É,MD-KDeKUeMU-SD-KDeKUeSU-

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Eddyk4 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:35 am

Sorry if I come back here somewhat late.
For the last months I did use Remoter VNC heavily with great success, only to connect to Snow Leopard machines.

Is there a solution to the problem of digit 0 mapping to à when accessing a Lion machine ?

As a workaround, I have to choose US as input method on the remote machine (as well for the login window as for the actual session) with Remoter VNC using the Azerty keyboard on the iPad to get the digit 0, Remoter VNC in mode Unitedstates. In this configuration accented characters are incorrect.
Or use the French-Alt mode, French input on distant machine and keyboard display to get the 0 digit.
Eddyk4

Postby raf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:56 am

This is very strange,

Can you try removing the mapping for "0" from the .rkl file, so that direct mapping is used for that character?

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Eddyk4 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:20 am

raf wrote:This is very strange,

Can you try removing the mapping for "0" from the .rkl file, so that direct mapping is used for that character?

Raf.

Tried that without success. When remote Mac is using French keyboard, even direct mapping of 0 is a character à.

As a workaround to the missing 0, I now use a modified French-Alt rkl file where

0,SD-KD)KU)SU-
Eddyk4

Postby raf » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Eddyk4 wrote:

Raf.

Tried that without success. When remote Mac is using French keyboard, even direct mapping of 0 is a character à.

As a workaround to the missing 0, I now use a modified French-Alt rkl file where

0,SD-KD)KU)SU-

Should I update the stock alt-french keyboard with this change? Any issues? Does it also work in SL? Unfortunately I don't have access to a French system to try this myself.

Please let me know, so I can include the change in the next version.

Thank you!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Eddyk4 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:57 am

raf wrote:
Eddyk4 wrote:

Raf.

0,SD-KD)KU)SU-

Should I update the stock alt-french keyboard with this change? Any issues? Does it also work in SL? Unfortunately I don't have access to a French system to try this myself.

Please let me know, so I can include the change in the next version.

Thank you!,
Raf.

Works perfectly to connect to Snow Leopard also.
I don't see new problems and I am even able to connect to Tiger (!) Running Vine osx vnc server.

The French-alt rkl configuration file so modified meets all my requirements.

To be complete, some exotic characters (as far as I know, not used in French) like ä or å and others are not mapped correctly from the iPad azerty keyboard to the Lion or SL remote Mac.
Eddyk4

PreviousNext

Return to Support