Can't resolve hostname (RemoterFusion)

Report your issues here

Can't resolve hostname (RemoterFusion)

Postby uberchic » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:41 am

HI I'm trying to setup my iPhone with my computer at work. Installed Remotefusion and added a name and PIN and registered. Put the info into the phone and i get this message:
Disconnected.
Can't resolve hostname: '(null)'
Please make sure this hostname is typed correctly, and that the machine is up and running. Do you want to reconnect?

I don't know what '(null)' is (it's not the name of my computer i registered. I checked that the spelling, and i'm sitting in front of my computer while doing this so i know it's up and running. I also check our router and UPnP is enabled. I want to try the remotefusion for free first before i buy.
uberchic

Re: Can't resolve hostname (RemoterFusion)

Postby raf » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:29 pm

The user and I are debugging this issue over email.

So far it appears the router (a Linksys WRT160N V3) is not providing a good implementation of UPnP. The user will attempt updating the firmware to the latest to see if that helps.

I'll keep you posted here, in case other users experience a similar problem.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby uberchic » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Yeah updated firmware and still a no go :(
uberchic

Postby raf » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:16 pm

What do you get on the "Connectivity Test"?
Also, did you try any of the suggestions from the links I sent you?

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby uberchic » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:25 am

Yeah i tried everything. No luck. Tried to connect to my work computer while at home and it would work either.
uberchic

Postby raf » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:28 am

Hi!,

So you installed RemoterFusion while at home, created a new account, and tried to connect to it and that didn't work either? What router do you have at home?
Could you email me your new computerName (RemterFusion's) so I can look it up?
Thanks!,

Raf.

PS: I'm out at the moment, but I'll look at your account as soon as I get back (afternoon)
raf
Site Admin

Postby fthorne » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:23 pm

I'm having the same issue, running a late 2009 iMac using OS X Lion, an Airport Extreme that is otherwise working just fine, and my iPad 2. Would like to remote access my iMac using RemoterFusion but for the life of me can't seem to get it to work. I keep getting the message "Can't connect to 'null' server." I just tried again and got the message "Problem Contacting RemoterFusion Server. Please try again later. (RF006) OK." No, it's not ok! Can you help? :(
fthorne

Postby raf » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:13 pm

fthorne wrote:I'm having the same issue, running a late 2009 iMac using OS X Lion, an Airport Extreme that is otherwise working just fine, and my iPad 2. Would like to remote access my iMac using RemoterFusion but for the life of me can't seem to get it to work. I keep getting the message "Can't connect to 'null' server." I just tried again and got the message "Problem Contacting RemoterFusion Server. Please try again later. (RF006) OK." No, it's not ok! Can you help? :(

Hi fthorne,

Please email me at support AT remoterlabs DOT com with some more info, such as a screenshot of your session editor screen, and your computerName for RemoterFusion.

Thank you!,

Raf

PS: I'll post the results of the investigation here for other users to see. I just don't want you to post personal info in the forum.
raf
Site Admin

Postby serginio » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:26 pm

Has this issue been resolved. If so, could you please post the solution. I am having the same problem.
serginio

Postby raf » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:34 pm

serginio wrote:Has this issue been resolved. If so, could you please post the solution. I am having the same problem.

The problem had to do with the user not setting the RemoterFusion computerName and Pin correctly in the session.
Make sure you set both, then, after hitting "Connect", you hit "Save", to make sure the settings get recorded.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Next

Return to Support