Remoter crashing

Report your issues here

Remoter crashing

Postby Chevinator » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:34 pm

Just bought remoter on ipad2. It crashes on start or once in a while opens but freezes. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same issue.
Chevinator

Re: Remoter crashing

Postby raf » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 am

That's very strange. Could you try rebooting your iPad to see if that makes a difference, maybe you have exhausted your RAM with other apps running/etc.
To reboot the ipad2, hold the power button until you get the slide to power off slider, slide it. Wait until the ipad is completely off, then power back on using the power button.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, then please let me know, along with your firmware version, and any other info you can think is pertinent.
The crash dumps are also always really helpful if you can provide them (see here, or search online on how to find them: http://aplus.rs/apple/how-to-find-crash ... ta-and-xp/)

Thanks for letting me know of your problem!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Chevinator » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:26 pm

Ok I have the 64GB wifi only iPad with 4.3.5(8L1) firmware. I tried getting you the crash log but even after syncing with iTunes, there is no "mobile" folder in the CrashReporter. Is there a setting in iTunes to force it to sync the crash report or did they move it to a different location in Lion?
Chevinator

Postby raf » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:24 pm

In Lion they are here also:
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/

Make sure you go to ~/Library, not /Library (the ~ means your home directory)

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support