Bluetooth (External) Keyboard not working

Report your issues here

Bluetooth (External) Keyboard not working

Postby louden » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:42 pm

Basics
remoter version: 3.01
iOS version 4

Problem Specific
My external keyboard doesn't work, or only does for a few (letter key) key presses. I'm not even trying to use arrow keys, ctrl key or shift key
what type of session VNC
server specifics OSX Lion
connection LAN to LAN

Extra Mile

I'm trying to connect my iPad via VNC to my MacBook Air, where my BT keyboard is hooked up to my iPad. I can easily use the keyboard to change configuration settings in Remoter, but when I want to use the keyboard in my remote session, It doesn't work, or only does for a few keystrokes.

I've tried using a variety of keyboard settings for the External KB - Auto, Yes - and Mode: Direct, United States.

Sometimes the toolbar keyboard icon is highlighted in blue. That really doesn't seem to have any impact as to whether I can use the keyboard or not.

Should this be working? or is this too advanced a request?

Thanks in advance.
louden

Re: Bluetooth (External) Keyboard not working

Postby louden » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:54 pm

More info -

It seems the only way to get the external keyboard to not stop responding is to keep the onscreen keyboard up and in view.

Seems broken
louden

Re: Bluetooth (External) Keyboard not working

Postby raf » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:26 pm

louden wrote:More info -

It seems the only way to get the external keyboard to not stop responding is to keep the onscreen keyboard up and in view.

Seems broken

Thanks for the problem report. I'll add a task in trac to check this for Remoter 3.2

Thanks,
Raf.

Update: trac item: http://trac.rafsoftware.com/index.fcgi/ticket/321
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support