Connecting to mac mini server running Lion

Report your issues here

Connecting to mac mini server running Lion

Postby Bjoerntheviking » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:58 am

Hi,

Basics:
Remoter Version: this information cannot be found in help/about in the app. please update doc. Looking at my iTunes library it says 2.4.1
my Device: iPad1
iOS: 4.3.5(8L1)

Problem Specifics:
Session Type: VNC
Server Specifics: trying to Connect to a mac mini server running Lion
Problem Symptom:
The keyboard is locked and you are not able to login. If the currently logged in user logs out, the keyboard at the login screen is working again. This problem does not happen when establishing a vnc connection from another Mac to the mac mini server, only using remoter VNC.

You can reproduce the problem by either loggin in on the console on the mac mini server or establishing a Remote Desktop connection. Then trying to connect to the mac mini server, via vnc, the keyboard is blocked.

PS. I am not sure this is a problem/feature in Lion but would appreciate if you could investigate this. Let me know if you need help running any debug versions or gather additional information from my iPad.

PPS.
Fantastic app!
Bjoerntheviking

Re: Connecting to mac mini server running Lion

Postby raf » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Hi Bjoerntheviking,

You can find Remoter's version if you select "Help / About". Make sure to tap the "About" button in the top toolbar.

Regarding the problems you're having with Lion, please see the following thread for more info:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=352

Thanks,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Bjoerntheviking » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:36 pm

hi,

ThnX for the hint and yes that works for me.

PS.
Any indication on when you will release the feature to turn off the full network scan at start up? That really hurts.
Bjoerntheviking

Postby raf » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:04 am

Bjoerntheviking wrote:hi,

ThnX for the hint and yes that works for me.

PS.
Any indication on when you will release the feature to turn off the full network scan at start up? That really hurts.

Was intending on submitting to Apple last week, but run out of time. Should be doing it today!

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support