Mac OS X Lion broke Remoter VNC

Report your issues here

Re: Mac OS X Lion broke Remoter VNC

Postby raf » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:36 pm

Multi-monitor support is kind of broken in Lion as well (for VNC). Please try assigning your extended display to the right instead of the left of the main display.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby tomstitzer » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:33 am

Where do i do that? Im confused. I have two monitors. I can see them both in the System Prefs under Displays. Where do i make this change you're talking about?
tomstitzer

Postby raf » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:39 am

You can drag the extended display so that it's located on the right of the main display. You will probably also have to phisically re-arrange the monitors so the change makes phisical sense.
Then everything will work correctly. This is a problem with the current Lion VNC server; and hopefully Apple will correct this soon. This is simply a work-around until then.

Thanks,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Neilfenstein » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:17 am

Hi,

I have changed my VNC username to my iMac user name but I do not use a password for the user account on the mac. I either get to the log in screen (using VNC username and password) or no connection (when using user name and no password or username and VNC password)

To make this work do I have to have a password for the user? Then enter these to the VNC username and password?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Neil.
Neilfenstein

Postby raf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:25 am

I believe you do indeed need a password for your username (a good thing to do anyway) for Screen Sharing. But I'm not positive. Does anybody know?

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby mickliq » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:38 am

I am running Lion and trying to use Remoter in a multi-monitor setup as well. Same issues as others, I cannot "click". I have tried moving my external LCD to the right of the Mac but that did not help. It works fine with internal LCD only (eg when the external LCD is unplugged).
mickliq

Postby raf » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:07 am

mickliq, when you moved the lcd monitor, did you update your mac's displays under system preferences to match the display being on the right? Make sure the Main display is the one on the left (the one with the dock)

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby mickliq » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Raf - yes, of course, I changed my display preferences to tell it the external LCD was to the right of the MacBook Pro.

Note also that I'm on Lion 10.7.1.

Mick
mickliq

Postby raf » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Mick, did you also make sure the display on the left is the main display (with the dock)?
I'm away from my desk at the moment, but I'll test as soon as I can, in case 10.7.1 changed this.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby mickliq » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Raf - the main display with the dock (internal display) is indeed on the left. In other words, the external LCD is the extended display. I had the same issues with 10.7, just wanted to confirm 10.7.1 didn't fix it.
mickliq

PreviousNext

Return to Support