Slow Connecting Over 3G

Report your issues here

Re: Slow Connecting Over 3G

Postby dwtaylor » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:04 am

I get what you're saying about the problem being the upstream connection as it works great and is responsive when on the same LAN. I cannot think of any other items that would be interfering like BitTorrent or anything else like that. I am getting three bars when on my iPad on Verizon typically when I am testing this out. The computer responds to my input as the programs open and close and such, it's just that don't see the screen respond on my iPad. Any other ideas you might have would be appreciated.
dwtaylor

Postby raf » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:10 am

So it's just the screen not updating? Can you try disabling the connection heartbeat setting in Remoter Config? It might be interfering with framebuffer updates.
Another thing to try would be the Vine server instead of ScreenSharing (http://sourceforge.net/projects/osxvnc/). A lot of people prefer it over the stock screen sharing service. Personally, I prefer Screen Sharing; but since it's not working correctly for you, you might want to try Vine.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby dwtaylor » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:43 am

That sensor was the first thing I turned off a while ago.

I have the Vine server running ... do I have to turn off something on my Mac so that it will use the Vine server?
dwtaylor

Postby raf » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:23 am

Were you using the Vine server all this time, or did you just install it?
-You need to disable screen sharing, and make sure Vine is running on port 5900 (desktop 1).
-To disable screen sharing, go to system preferences, sharing, and un-check Screen Sharing.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby dwtaylor » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:25 am

No, I did not have it running the whole time. I just installed it.

When I go to SHARING, it says that it is controlled by the Remote Management Service. Should that then be turned off along with all of the OPTIONS in there?
dwtaylor

Postby raf » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Please try unchecking "Remote Management". Only "Screen Sharing" is used for Remoter. You might want to try that again before you try Vine.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby dwtaylor » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:45 pm

I will try that ... thank you for all of your prompt assistance.
dwtaylor

Previous

Return to Support