Remote Mac logs out when iPhone sleeps

Report your issues here

Remote Mac logs out when iPhone sleeps

Postby macmikey » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:30 pm

I have my Mac Mini set to drop into screen saver after 15 minutes and only exit with login. I use my iPhone to remotely log my computer in so others can use it in my absence. Lately, however (say, last 2-3 months), after I log into the computer remotely via my iPhone, the Mac Mini immediately logs out when I exit the RemoterVNC app on my iPhone. I do not recall changing any setting that I can recognize would cause this behavior. Any ideas? Thanks!
macmikey

Re: Remote Mac logs out when iPhone sleeps

Postby mw56742 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:46 pm

I noticed the same. I connect to my iMac via a VNC over SSH connection and when I disconnect the session on my Remoter app the iMac logs me out. This has started around 2 months ago i would say. Also recently I noticed that I can no longer access my iMac when booted into the login screen. This was possible until recently. Now I can only access the iMac using Remoter after I logged in directly on my iMac.

I'm using Remoter v4.8.04 on an iPhone 5s running iOS 9.3.2.
I am connecting to my iMac running 10.11.5.
mw56742

Postby mw56742 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:50 pm

Actually, I just tried to reproduce the issue and now it's working, i.e. it no longer logs me out. I wonder if the recent Remoter upgrade to 4.8.04 which I downloaded on 05 JUL fixed this. I will monitor this and come back in a few days ...
mw56742

Postby mw56742 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:50 pm

Still working - so looks the latest Remoter update has already fixed this :-)
mw56742

Postby macmikey » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:02 am

I'm afraid my issue may be outside of Remoter... I've found that if I log in to the one computer from another (say, from the MBP in my office) via Screen Sharing (not even USING RemoterVNC), then close Screen Sharing, the other computer immediately logs back off. So whatever is causing this behavior for me, it seems pretty much tied to this other computer, not RemoterVNC. Or at least not Remoter VNC alone. (BTW: my RemoterVNC has been updating automatically at is, as of today, at v4.8.05, so it's as updated as yours... and I'm still dealing with this behavior. Grr...)

Thanks for the follow-up, though.
macmikey

Return to Support