iPad pro smart keyboard issue

Report your issues here

iPad pro smart keyboard issue

Postby Baolei » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:29 am

I'm using Remoter VNC on iPad pro with smart keyboard. The control, option, command keys on the physical keyboard don't work. But I get that, in most VNC apps I can't get those combo keys working from a physical keyboard. But when I open the software keyboard, I'm expecting to see only the bar with ctrl, option,cmd etc docked at the bottom, but the bar floats in the middle of the screen with a blank space below (presumably reserved for the software keyboard, which is not needed at this time since a physical keyboard is connected).

To be more accurate, the command/opt/ctrl keys in smart keyboard works in some cases but not some others. E.g. Cmd+s save will work, but cmd+v for paste will not work (probably because there is iOS level cmd+c cmd+v copy paste?) cmd, ctrl or option command with arrow keys never worked.
Baolei

Re: iPad pro smart keyboard issue

Postby Baolei » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:06 am

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3199 ... d-on-ios-9

So in iOS 9 to detect the presence and frame of a software keyboard, both the origin y and height of UIKeyboard frame should be considered to get the correct on-screen height of the keyboard. It's unfortunate that Apple made this change and broke a lot of apps' ability to handle hardware keyboard.

Could you please fix the hardware support for iOS 9? Thanks.
Baolei

Re: iPad pro smart keyboard issue

Postby jdiercks » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:12 am

+1 for this. Also the full on-screen keyboard is popping up even when a Bluetooth keyboard is active, every time I switch between two or more active sessions.

Raf where are you?? You've been awfully quiet.

--Jon
jdiercks

Return to Support