click & drag to resize a window

Report your issues here

click & drag to resize a window

Postby Rickanator » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:38 am

I've looked everywhere on your forums, but cannot find an answer.

we are logged into windows 2003 server, accessing the Microsoft SQL management console. There is a left window we need to click on, and drag it right so we can view the menu items on this page.

Try as I might, I can tap tap on it, but cannot hold it to drag it. I've tried every combination using the mouse as suggested doing a drag search on your forum. The mouse just won't seem to lock, so we can drag to pull that window. I can get it to scroll up and down. But trying to click on the left window itself to drag it doesn't work.

Any ideas?
Rickanator

Re: click & drag to resize a window

Postby raf » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:52 pm

You should be able to double-tap and hold the title of the window to enter drag mode, and then just drag.
If you're running Remoter on an iPAd, you can also use the drag button (finger) to initiate dragging.
Version 2.6 will also allow you to use two fingers and the trackpad: one finger on the button, the other button to drag.

Hope this helps,
Raf
raf
Site Admin

Postby jmoney522596 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:51 am

I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) and using my iPod Touch to connect to my Mac.. I'm having the same click and drag issue, no matter what I do, I can't click and drag whether using two fingers on the trackpad plus left click or one finger and left click or double clicking title bar (in Leopard that just minimizes the window). Please advise on how I can do this! Much appreciated, thanks!!
jmoney522596

Postby raf » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:38 am

jmoney522596 wrote:I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) and using my iPod Touch to connect to my Mac.. I'm having the same click and drag issue, no matter what I do, I can't click and drag whether using two fingers on the trackpad plus left click or one finger and left click or double clicking title bar (in Leopard that just minimizes the window). Please advise on how I can do this! Much appreciated, thanks!!

The two finger dragging is not in Remoter yet. You will have to wait until version 2.6 is released. To drag on 2.4 you need to double tap, and hold. You can do this directly or via the trackpad (the trackpad makes it easier in my opinion). If you're using an iPad, there's also a dedicated drag button you can tap to start a dragging session.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby jmoney522596 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:11 am

Double tap and hold doesn't work because double tap minimizes the window and trying to click twice without letting up my finger the second time only registers as one click. There are no other solutions? I'm stuck forever unable to drag things?
jmoney522596

Postby raf » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:03 pm

The single click will register, but then on the second tap, that you hold, drag mode initiates, and then, without lifting your finger, you can drag. Drag mode terminates once you lift your finger.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support