Grid Server Selection UI won't turn off

Report your issues here

Grid Server Selection UI won't turn off

Postby dwhitfield » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:28 pm

In Remoter Config turning off Grid Server Selection UI has no effect. Whether I flip the on/off toggle button to On or to Off, the user interface for selecting servers remains the same. It appears that it's always using the Grid.

The Grid uses such tiny letters for the server names that I can't read them on my iPhone 5 without a magnifying glass :shock: , even though I've chosen a fairly large system font in my iPhone's General settings.

This inability to turn off the Grid UI happens both on my iPhone 5 (see Screenshot1 and Screenshot2 below) ...

Screenshot1.PNG
Screenshot1.PNG (38.68 KiB) Viewed 4120 times

Screenshot2.PNG
Screenshot2.PNG (52.17 KiB) Viewed 4120 times

and on my iPad Air (see Screenshot3 below) ...

Screenshot3.PNG
Screenshot3.PNG (131.41 KiB) Viewed 4120 times

Remoter version: 4.6.01
Devices: iPhone 5 and iPad Air
iOS version: 7.1.2 (11D257)
Session/Server/Connection: Not specific to any session, server or connection. This is a UI settings issue.
Error message/odd screen: No error message. Screen is odd in the sense that it never changes to the non-Grid UI.
Related settings: Attempting to turn off Grid Server Selection UI .

Any other info: I think the Grid Server Selection UI used to be one of the in-app purchase options in the Remoter Store, just like RemoterFusion and RDP. But, at some point, you made it available for free to all versions of Remoter, with or without the purchase. And then you made it the default UI. Nevertheless, there is a toggle button to turn off the Grid UI and go back to the older UI with the bigger fonts. I've never been able to do that.

Reproducible: Yes, the problem always happens. Turning this setting off always has no effect whatsoever.
Orientation of screen: Both portrait and landscape.
Bug tracking system: I tried the link for your bug tracking system, but it only took me back to the Remoter home page. Sorry.
dwhitfield

Return to Support