Login problems with realvncserver v5

Report your issues here

Login problems with realvncserver v5

Postby adspguy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:47 pm

Hi Raf,
My employer just upgraded the vncserver on the Linux systems I use to realvncserver v5 enterprise edition. It is now configured to use the local system login for starting a session, rather than a configured password. When I try to login, I get the attached error message and the session doesn't start.

iOS: 6.1, iPad 3, iPhone 4S. Remoter 3.8.6

Any chance this new authentication could be supported?
Greg
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (874.7 KiB) Viewed 8124 times
adspguy

Re: Login problems with realvncserver v5

Postby adspguy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi raf,
Any chance to get system level authentication added? I'd really hate to have to switch to realvnc.
adspguy

Re: Login problems with realvncserver v5

Postby raf » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:43 am

Unfortunately, as far as I understand. These additions are proprietary extensions to the open RFB standard that RealVNC has added.
I would gladly add support if these are documented open extensions.

From the FAQ (http://remoterlabs.com/main/faq/)
I can’t connect to my RealVNC server anymore. I get “Unknown Authentication Scheme from VNC server: 5, 129″ or similar. How can I fix this?
RealVNC has support for their own authentication schemes, which are not part of the open RFB standard. These schemes are proprietary.
Please try configuring your server to not use the proprietary schemes, and you should be able to connect with Remoter (and other VNC clients) at that point.
In RealVNC, you can set the encryption to “Prefer On” (Rather than Always On), and the Authentication to “VNCAuth” (VNC Password Only) to allow Remoter to connect. (Thanks to Giingy for the tip)
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support