LogMeIn is much better people!

Report your issues here

LogMeIn is much better people!

Postby HateForumSupport » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:43 am

The other advantage of enabling people to simply email you their feedback DIRECTLY on a SIMPLE FORM,
is they don't say things like I said.

But I say it with purpose.

LogMeIn is more reliable than this product - which half the time doesn't connect.
HateForumSupport

Re: LogMeIn is much better people!

Postby CU2 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:31 pm

HateForumSupport wrote:LogMeIn is more reliable than this product - which half the time doesn't connect.

If you're fine with the limitations of the free service or the subscription based service and feel SSL is adequate, great.

If on the other hand you want to be fair..
LogMeIn, Inc. is a publicly traded company with several years behind them and many resources. AFAIK, remoter is a 'free time' project for raf. Who in turn can make good use of help offered to him via localizations and bug hunting by others.

Despite this gaping difference, remoter has been working well for me in both LAN and WAN situations. Improvements seem to be constantly made without too much backwards movement.

Many companies are parasites and do not handle the (known or unknown) info you give them with respect. sometimes agreeing to give more to the company when using their 'free' products and/or services. Some people have strong feelings about such things. I personally feel more comfortable with raf and remoter than I would with TeamViewer, LogMeIn, RealVNC, etc.

I know everyone doesn't have the time, but unlike any of those large outfits mentioned I am certain the effort I've volunteered towards helping this product is reciprocated by raf. On the flip-side see how much time anyone at LogMeIn cares if you ask them to add feature or fix bug x,y or z.

I like e-mail and do about anything I can before making another 'account' for trivial reasons, too.

However, forums do offer much that 1:1 e-mail can't. IE: sharing insight, ideas and solutions. All of which are valuable yet affordable resources for the small or lone software developer. We, as customers are quite lucky that raf has a forum, real bug tracking system and has not burned out yet.
Last edited by CU2 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tied up my 'string' feelings typo
CU2

Re: LogMeIn is much better people!

Postby harryhood » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Forum support is the best because everyone can see the problem and solutions.
harryhood

Return to Support