login not possible

Report your issues here

login not possible

Postby rowo » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:15 am

Hi I have done all necessary work to create a connection. Normally when I am using remote from apple I need to write the username of the admin and the password. I want to do the same with your software but the connection will be failed if I want to connect as a user. I can only connect if I am telling the computer to allow every connection.

I want only to connect in my lan and not from internet. How can I manage to login as a special user?

Oh forgot to tell: I am using an ipad and Snow Leopard the newest system. The connection with user and password is working with mocha vnc so it need to work with your software i do like more too. ;-)

thanks.
rowo

Re: login not possible

Postby raf » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:00 pm

rowo wrote:Hi I have done all necessary work to create a connection. Normally when I am using remote from apple I need to write the username of the admin and the password. I want to do the same with your software but the connection will be failed if I want to connect as a user. I can only connect if I am telling the computer to allow every connection.

I want only to connect in my lan and not from internet. How can I manage to login as a special user?

Oh forgot to tell: I am using an ipad and Snow Leopard the newest system. The connection with user and password is working with mocha vnc so it need to work with your software i do like more too. ;-)

thanks.

This is interesting, I've always just left the default: "Allow access for: (o) Only these users: Administrators" and I can connect to my user account no problem; then again, my user account is an administrator.
Have you tried that? And then login with an administrator credentials? Screen Sharing doesn't open a session specifically for the user you login with, it just connects you to the current desktop, so normally you need an administrator level account to do that. I don't see how mocha could work any differently, maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby rowo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:20 am

Hi yep, I am administrator and I tried to login as an admin but no chance.
Any ideas?

thanks
rowo

Postby raf » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Could you post a screenshot of the error message you're getting (also shots of the session editor might help).

You can also try looking for any kind of error in the console (on your Mac).

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby rowo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Hi now I bought the full license and I do not need it :-(
O.K. but I helped you to go on to program new softwar.
Here are the error (I wrote it because there is no necessary to make a picture):

Host: (my ip of the computer osx) Port:5900
Zugang verweigert.
Der VNC-Server akzeptiert die eingetragenen Zugangsdaten nicht.

I tried it severeal times and all data are correct. With the vnc client of mocha all are working well.

any ideas?
rowo

Postby rowo » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:18 pm

I have found something strange.
You can tell osx to start screensharing or to use remote desktop. I prefer remote desktop because sometimes I need to login from my laptop to my computer to mount some drives. With remote desktop vnc screensharing is enabled. With you app screensharing only works without remote desktop. can you fix this problem?
thanks.
rowo

Postby raf » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Very interesting: This is the first I hear of this problem. I'll try to recreate locally, and if I can, I'll definitely be opening up a ticket so this gets corrected.

Thank you for the feedback!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby rowo » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:51 am

Hi Raf,
yepp thanks too for your help and quick response. I found something interesting. If I am telling my OSX-System to allow every user to login than your App works fine. If I am telling my system only admin or a special user is allowed to login (this is what I want to do) than it doesn't work.

Very strange.

Reinhard
rowo

Return to Support