Issue resolved!

Report your issues here

Issue resolved!

Postby Dankenny » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:31 am

G'day,

So I paid for remoter complete today via the in app purchases since I wanted to connect to a school computer (I work as a teacher). I was able to use the vnc server for my next session but then later this afternoon, completely out of the blue, remoter failed to start. It would crash before going to the select client screen. I had to reinstall the app because if this, and in so doing, I now no longer have remoter complete. I tried to download it again but it said it would still charge me $5. I went past the dialog box saying I'd only be charged if I ahdng already bought it, and it said I'd still be charged the money. I have already been charged, of course, so I'm feeling very ripped off!

Not to mention the crash made me lose all my server settings anyway...

Very disappointed and I either want remoter complete again, as I paid for it, or my money back.

Thanks,
Dan.
Last edited by Dankenny on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dankenny

Re: Paid for "remoter complete", ripped off

Postby raf » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:19 pm

As long as you used the same Apple Id, you won't get charged if you've already bought any of the add-ons. They are what apple calls "Non Consumable" in-app purchases, and by definition, you only need to buy them once.
You won't be charged this second time. (there is also a button to "Restore Purchases" right in the Remoter Store screen that queries the Apple servers for all of your purchases and updates Remoter appropriately).

I'm sorry to hear Remoter crashed for you as well, and you were forced to re-install. An update (2.4.1 was submitted to Apple earlier this week that should correct that problem, along with a bunch of other smaller issues).

Thanks,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Re: Issue resolved!

Postby Dankenny » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:32 am

Thanks raf, got it all sorted now :).
Dankenny

Return to Support