User manual?

Report your issues here

User manual?

Postby Pilotouno » Sat May 28, 2011 5:53 pm

I am new to remoter and was wondering where I can find a user manual. I haven't been able to figure out what all the symbols (mouse icons and such) are suppose to represent. I couldn't find anything on your home page.

Thanks for a very nice product.

PS This should probably be left for a separate topic but if it can be answered in 20 or less words maybe someone could enlighten me on the basic differences of vnc and ssh.
Pilotouno

Re: User manual?

Postby raf » Sat May 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Hi!,

The integrated manual has gone through lots of changes throughout the life of Remoter VNC. In version 2.4 it was completely removed, as most of the information from the manual has been integrated into all the info buttons inside the app.
I'm going to post the manual from 2.02 as it has information about the icons.

VNC is a open standard screen sharing protocol; there's VNC servers for all major OSs, and so it allows Remoter to control Macs, Windows or Linux machines.

SSH is a standard for connecting to a remote shell; and if you're not familiar with it, you probably don't need it. One nice thing about SSH though, is that it also allows to create secure tunnels, through wich VNC can be run. Check out the wikipedia page on SSH for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Shell

I created a post with the manual here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=288
raf
Site Admin

Re: User manual?

Postby Pilotouno » Mon May 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Thank you for considerate and rapid response.
Pilotouno

Return to Support