(2.4) Click on desktop icon (hit and miss)

Report your issues here

(2.4) Click on desktop icon (hit and miss)

Postby ignatz » Sat May 28, 2011 8:20 am

Hi Raf: Your changes to the Sessions list are very, very helpful, plus Remoter seems to be running quite a bit quicker - nice work. After connecting to a host I am having hit and miss success with clicking on desktop icons. If I use the "touchpad" - no problem, but if I just try to single or double click on a destop icon it sometimes works but most times not. I've tried to adjust the tempo of the clicks, etc. but no luck - no opening action takes place - but then out of nowhere it works(?). Any ideas ... or ... is this just "cockpit error" on my part? I am using the latest TightVNC.
Thanks.
ignatz

Re: (2.4) Click on desktop icon (hit and miss)

Postby raf » Sat May 28, 2011 1:12 pm

ignatz wrote:Hi Raf: Your changes to the Sessions list are very, very helpful, plus Remoter seems to be running quite a bit quicker - nice work. After connecting to a host I am having hit and miss success with clicking on desktop icons. If I use the "touchpad" - no problem, but if I just try to single or double click on a destop icon it sometimes works but most times not. I've tried to adjust the tempo of the clicks, etc. but no luck - no opening action takes place - but then out of nowhere it works(?). Any ideas ... or ... is this just "cockpit error" on my part? I am using the latest TightVNC.
Thanks.

I'm not sure why you're having problems clicking. I wouldn't think it'd be TightVNC (although I recommend UltraVNC), since you didn't have this problem with 2.02 (or did you?). Maybe you can try UltraVNC to see if that works better for you. (I know there were problems with the latest TightVNC before)

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby ignatz » Sat May 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Raf: I installed UltraVNC 1.0.9.2 on one PC, and the click behavior is exactly the same. Simple double clicking does nothing. Single clicks on XP Quick Launch programs work fine, as do single clicks on open windows to close them.

I have found that by using rapid triple clicks sometimes desktop programs will launch - still very spotty though. Is it a timing or sensitivity issue with my 3Gs? If I invoke the touchpad it works fine - but then again I'm not clicking on an icon directly. I tried using my "old" VNC Viewer App - double clicks worked fine on UltraVNC and TightVNC. FYI - I did not have this on earlier versions. Thanks.
ignatz

Postby raf » Sat May 28, 2011 8:32 pm

ignatz wrote:Raf: I installed UltraVNC 1.0.9.2 on one PC, and the click behavior is exactly the same. Simple double clicking does nothing. Single clicks on XP Quick Launch programs work fine, as do single clicks on open windows to close them.

I have found that by using rapid triple clicks sometimes desktop programs will launch - still very spotty though. Is it a timing or sensitivity issue with my 3Gs? If I invoke the touchpad it works fine - but then again I'm not clicking on an icon directly. I tried using my "old" VNC Viewer App - double clicks worked fine on UltraVNC and TightVNC. FYI - I did not have this on earlier versions. Thanks.

I'm not able to recreate. Just to be clear: this happens only when clicking directly, not with the virtual trackpad, right?

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby ignatz » Sat May 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Yup. Only on direct click ... nothing else. Single click just fine.
ignatz

Return to Support