VNC over SSH

Report your issues here

VNC over SSH

Postby aberkabus » Fri May 27, 2011 1:35 am

Hi raf,

when I am in my home network, the app works perfectly well.
But unfortunatly, I am facing problems to connect via Internet with SSH.
I have installed freeSSHD, I have added a new User with "Passwort stored a...", I have chosen a Login name und a passwort.
I have chosen a port, which I have also given to the App as SSH-Port.
Moreover, I have activated this port-transfer-thing in my routers menu for the SSH port. I tiped this SSH port in as First Port" and as "Last Port". Moreover, I have selected TCP/UDP and I have given the ipadress of my laptop inside the network as the servers ip-adress.
In addition, I have created an account at dyndns and I activated Dynamic DNS in my routers menu, stating also the username and the passwort for dyndns.
Also I downloaded a dyndns client.

I thought to have done everything... in the app I gave the dyndns-server as ssh hostname, and the username and the password from freesshd as ssh username and ssh password.
as vnc hostname I chose the internal ipadress of my laptop. and as vnc password, yeah, the vnc password :)
as VNC port I have 5900.

If I try to start it now, the app states that the access was denied at my ssh port, as the ssh server did not accept the supplied credentials... but the username and the password are defitnily the same as the ones I chose in the freesshd tool...

I am really confused, I don't know where the problems is... (maybe the dyndns thing? it seems to use port 5900 to communicate with my router...)

I apprechiate any help!!

Thanks and all the best,

Joe
aberkabus

Re: VNC over SSH

Postby raf » Fri May 27, 2011 2:01 am

aberkabus wrote:Hi raf,

when I am in my home network, the app works perfectly well.
But unfortunatly, I am facing problems to connect via Internet with SSH.
I have installed freeSSHD, I have added a new User with "Passwort stored a...", I have chosen a Login name und a passwort.
I have chosen a port, which I have also given to the App as SSH-Port.
Moreover, I have activated this port-transfer-thing in my routers menu for the SSH port. I tiped this SSH port in as First Port" and as "Last Port". Moreover, I have selected TCP/UDP and I have given the ipadress of my laptop inside the network as the servers ip-adress.
In addition, I have created an account at dyndns and I activated Dynamic DNS in my routers menu, stating also the username and the passwort for dyndns.
Also I downloaded a dyndns client.

I thought to have done everything... in the app I gave the dyndns-server as ssh hostname, and the username and the password from freesshd as ssh username and ssh password.
as vnc hostname I chose the internal ipadress of my laptop. and as vnc password, yeah, the vnc password :)
as VNC port I have 5900.

If I try to start it now, the app states that the access was denied at my ssh port, as the ssh server did not accept the supplied credentials... but the username and the password are defitnily the same as the ones I chose in the freesshd tool...

I am really confused, I don't know where the problems is... (maybe the dyndns thing? it seems to use port 5900 to communicate with my router...)

I apprechiate any help!!

Thanks and all the best,

Joe

It seems like you've done all the right things.
Could you please post a screenshot of both the session editor for this session, and also the error message you are getting? (to capture a screenshot, hold the power button, then press the home button).

Thanks!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support