Can't log into my MacBook Pro

Report your issues here

Can't log into my MacBook Pro

Postby JochenN » Tue May 24, 2011 9:53 am

Hi,

I just purchased Remoter from the App store, but can't log into my Macbook. This is my setup:
- iPad on iOS 4.3.3
- Macbook Pro 10.6.7

The error message is: Disconnected, VNC connection failed: Incorrect Password. I have entered into the VNC password field exactly what I entered in the "Computer Settings" section in the Screen Sharing options. Double-checked everything; after several tries it tells me: ...failed, too many security failures.

Everything is enabled like you show it on setup.rafsoftware.com.

Anyway: In a similar thread you wrote that it should now be possible to use the normal Mac username/password combination instead of the VNC user/pw. Does this still hold true?

Last question: Once this is up and running: Does you App support Fast User switching on the Mac?

Thanks for some hints!
Regards
Jochen
JochenN

Re: Can't log into my MacBook Pro

Postby raf » Tue May 24, 2011 10:37 pm

You will be able to log in using your account's username/password in the new version of Remoter. It's under Apple's review at the moment, and hopefully will be released really soon.
As to why your VNC password is not working. Could you try changing the password to something simple, just to test. Like "a", once you know it's working, you can work your way up to a more complex password.

Raf.

Edit: as to fast-user-switching. The answer is yes, and no. You can switch users, but the moment you do, the Apple screen sharing server closes the connection. So you need to reconnect, and then you'll be connected to the other user's account.
raf
Site Admin

Postby JochenN » Wed May 25, 2011 12:19 am

Thanks for the swift reply. I tried the simple pw thing already, this did not help. What maybe helpful for you: it takes roughly one second or less between "connecting..." and the error message. Once the "two many security issues" message is reached, is there a way to reset this?

The fast user switching solution sounds good, I'll give it a try once the pw problem is solved.

Regards
Jochen
JochenN

Postby raf » Wed May 25, 2011 12:42 am

I'm not sure how to reset the too many security failures. Probably a reboot will do. Or wait a couple of minutes.
Also, make sure you only have Screen Sharing running, and no other VNC servers. Is Remoter set up to connect to port 5900, that's what Screen Sharing uses.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support