[Solved - 1.7] Error with version 1.6 update

Report your issues here

[Solved - 1.7] Error with version 1.6 update

Postby Joe » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:37 am

I receive an error and disconnection after each connection attempt since updating to version 1.6 this morning. All worked fine in the moments prior to applying the update. Error message shown: 'zlib inflate ran out of space'. This appears after connection attempts to all of the sessions I have. I purchased this app when it was first released and have been very pleased with it. Hoping my issue can be resolved.
Joe

Re: Error with version 1.6 update

Postby raf » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:45 pm

I'll try to help you with your problem. I haven't seen this error before please help me try to recreate it:
-what device are you running remoter on. I'm assuming an iPad.
-can you try recreating the connection (add a new session, enter all the host info again), and see if it works now. Maybe something got messed up when the database was updated when updating to v1.6.
-can you give me more info about the host you're connecting to? OS, vnc server info, resolution, anything else that might help.

Thanks!,

Raf
raf
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:36 pm

I am running the app on an iPad, wifi only model with IOS version 3.2.2.
I did try adding / creating new sessions with no change - I still received the error and disconnect message. I am only entering basic settings - session name, host name (IP address), and host access password. I have not tried loading the 1.6 version 'fresh' - that is without the previous version already on the iPad. I will try this shortly.

The main machine I am connecting to is not on a local intranet (though connection attempts to my local network fail as well), but over the internet - it is my parents machine that I connect with to 'show & tell', maintain, and to resolve problems for them remotely. Their machine is an older iMac - a 1 Ghz G4 Power PC model running OSX 10.4.11. I am using the canned / included in the OS apple remote desktop on their end as the setup that allows me to have VNC access to their screen, accessible if the password given when logging in matches the one in their remote desktop settings.

I have reverted back to your app version 1.52 and all works well again.

Hope this helps,
Joe
Joe

Postby raf » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:33 pm

Thanks! That helps.
I believe the problem is caused by the old version of ScreenSharing/remote desktop included with OS 10.4 not supporting the 16bpp color depth used by Remoter 1.6.
Good news, though. For the next version of Remoter, I'm including configurable color depth (8bit,16bit and 32bits). I'm planning on releasing this update shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience! In the mean time, please use Remoter v1.52.

Thanks for the feedback. And hope my explanation helps!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Re: [Solved - 1.7] Error with version 1.6 update

Postby okatee » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi, I am having the same issue on my iPhone 4, running version 1.700 of remoter and iOS verision 4.1
when I try to connect to my powermac setup as a home server, it pops up an error message saying
"zlib inflate ran out of space"
it doesnt give me any errors when i use a different vnc app to connect or if I use remoter to connect to my laptop, just the older desktop
okatee

Re: [Solved - 1.7] Error with version 1.6 update

Postby raf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:24 pm

okatee wrote:Hi, I am having the same issue on my iPhone 4, running version 1.700 of remoter and iOS verision 4.1
when I try to connect to my powermac setup as a home server, it pops up an error message saying
"zlib inflate ran out of space"
it doesnt give me any errors when i use a different vnc app to connect or if I use remoter to connect to my laptop, just the older desktop

This happens because other VNC clients might not default to the efficient 16bpp, and just use 32bpp by default. Please go into the session editor for your session, select Advanced, and change the Color Depth to 32bpp.
This will be improved for version 1.8 (autodetecting this issue, and changing of the color depth automatically).

Thanks!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support