I can't setup ultravnc!

Report your issues here

I can't setup ultravnc!

Postby brettjackson » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:42 am

I'm sorry but I have had bad experienes with Remote viewers in the past, and I'm worried I won't be able to figure this one out. This is what I did, and the Ultravnc says it cannot connect
ultravns setup.PNG
my ultra vns setup
ultravns setup.PNG (41.9 KiB) Viewed 7650 times

when I click connect it says failed to connect to server! Please any help would be nice! i just bought the app!
brettjackson

Re: I can't setup ultravnc!

Postby raf » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:56 am

Hi brettjackson,

You need to install and set up UltraVNC server. The screenshot from your post is for the UltraVNC viewer.
Please follow the steps from the YouTube videos:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=130

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby brettjackson » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Thank you! That video was very helpful. Yesterday on the setup page the video wasnt there for some reason, now it is.

I have one more question. It seems that on the app it takes "screen shots" for me. For example, whenever I click on the screen it basically loads a screen shot, like if i was watching a video i click somewhere random on the app and it loads the screen at the time i clicked. I know this is confusing I can't explain it well. I will try one more time. It is like the frames per second is really bad like it loads one frame every 5 seconds, unless i click. When i click it loads a frame of the screen for every click, so if I click quickly I can just about watch a video. Is there anyway to fix this?
brettjackson

Postby raf » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Yes, there is definitely something wrong there. The rendering rate is very reasonable/fast with UltraVNC + Remoter. Make sure you select all the options as shown in the video. Are you connecting while on the same network, or via 3G? If using Internet (3G), then the speed will be reduced because of bandwidth.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby brettjackson » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Hmm, there is one thing that didn't work the same as your video.

The "Video Hook driver" didn't install I'm assuming this will make a difference.

Also when searching for my pc on the app it says my computer is "netBIOS"

*edit* I tried messing around with some of the properties. I turned "poll full screen(ultra fast)" on and now it works reasonably, but would be much better if faster. thanks!
brettjackson

Postby raf » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:00 pm

brettjackson wrote:Hmm, there is one thing that didn't work the same as your video.

The "Video Hook driver" didn't install I'm assuming this will make a difference.

Also when searching for my pc on the app it says my computer is "netBIOS"

*edit* I tried messing around with some of the properties. I turned "poll full screen(ultra fast)" on and now it works reasonably, but would be much better if faster. thanks!

NetBIOS is a Windows Protocol for machine discovery. It just means your computer was discovered using NetBIOS. This is fine. The slow VNC speed must be caused by something else.
An alternative to UltraVNC is tightVNC. You can try that server. Although, in my experience, UltraVNC performs much better, and Remoter has better support for Ultra.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support