Trouble connecting

Report your issues here

Re: Trouble connecting

Postby reyran » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:08 pm

I am having the same problems with Tonyaf6. I followed the guide EXACTLY on all 4 of my computers and its giving me the same exact error. What is up with this?????????
reyran

Postby raf » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:35 pm

So I can help you debug the problem, could you please post a screenshot of your session?

Thanks,

Raf
raf
Site Admin

Postby odowd80 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:25 pm

Equipment: using a Verizon iPhone 4 to connect to a Windows XP Pro desktop running WinVNC.

Over 3G: Can connect with 3G on port 5900, no problems.

Over Wifi (same network as host): Cannot connect to port 5900, only port 80. All other settings are the same. So in order to connect via Wifi, I have to change the port setting to 80 on the iPhone and also on the host computer, then it will connect.

I'd like to be able to connect to my work computer with either my Macbook Pro or my iPhone without changing the port on the host computer every time I switch devices/networks. I have the same problem in reverse order, too. Over 3G, I cannot connect to port 80.

Any ideas?
odowd80

Postby raf » Fri May 13, 2011 7:28 pm

odowd80,

That is very strange. While on WiFi you should be able to use any port. Usually the problem is the opposite of what you're experiencing: You can connect while on WiFi using the standard port; but then it fails while on 3G (and then you need to port-forward port 5900 on your router to correct this).

Please check your firewall is not blocking the port. Also check your port-forwarding setup on your router.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Support