Remoter locks up black screen on iPhone 4

Report your issues here

Remoter locks up black screen on iPhone 4

Postby mewsha29 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:57 pm

I have TightVNC 2.2 installed on a Windows Host. Installed Remoter VNC on both iPhone4 and iPad2. Application works great on iPad 2 but iPhone 4 starts up with a black screen and locks up sometimes and others opens with open new config screen but tapping on icons have no response.

Has there been a problem reported starting up Remoter VNC on iphone 4.

Both devices running on local internet using DHCP over WiFi 802.11n.

Stopping and restarting the VNC host or stopping and restarting Remoter VNC on iPhone 4 doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas how to fix.
mewsha29@bellsouth.net
mewsha29

Re: Remoter locks up black screen on iPhone 4

Postby raf » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:49 pm

No, there is no known problem with Remoter and the iPhone 4. I personally use Remoter on my iPhone 4 all the time.
Could you try deleting Remoter from your iPhone and re-installing it (you won't be charged again). I wonder if for some reason something is hosed on your installed copy.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby mewsha29 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Can't seem to find the problem. You posted an update today to Remoter VNC and I applied this to both iPhone and iPad 2. Now neither the iPhone or iPad 2 work. Occasionally the opening screen comes up but is frozen. If I shutdown the app in multitasker, the screen comes up black.

I have Mocha VNC lite installed and it works fine on both iPhone and iPad 2, although it is slower in screen painting. It also auto discovers all available machines on my network while Remoter does not. When Remoter was running on the iPad 2, it was very snappy. I like the interface. Have tried to uninstall and then reinstall to no avail. Is it possible that Mocha VNC is conflicting with Remoter?

Thanks for your feedback
mewsha29

Postby raf » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:32 am

Could you post a screenshot? (Hold Power, press Home).
Can you get to the Remoter Config screen?

Thanks!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:14 am

I wonder if your device's memory is full. Could you try rebooting your device to see if that helps? (You know, hold the Power button until you get the "slide to power off" slider. Then slide it to power off, then press power again to boot up).

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support