chicken of the VNC

Report your issues here

chicken of the VNC

Postby meyek » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm tired, may have something to do with it. Funny though i ran photos thru photoshop remotely on my ipad
with" chicken of the VNC". I thought this would be an imptovement lets see so far I put .99 cents down couldn't get it too work
then like a fool I bought the extension for 3 bucks or some thing like that. The guide is enept for the mac. Running 10.6.7 snow leapard
the screens make no sense go to system predferences click network ??????? Pretty screensaver on my ipad but all I get is Disconnected Can't resolve this host name "Mike wireless" yep I am using airport with 2 windows an imac and a ipad. Host name I hate to vile and express what I think, but this sucks.
meyek

Re: chicken of the VNC

Postby raf » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi!,
I'd like to help you, but I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what problem you have with Remoter.
Are you attempting to connect to your Mac via VNC? Why did you buy an in-app-purchase? Do you need SSH or Telnet?
Could you post a screenshot of your session editor screen for the session you're having problems with? Hold power, then press home on the iPad.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby meyek » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:32 pm

In the mac intructions for set up it says go to system preferences select network, done and done. I have airport the connection called mikes wireless is a go so the airport has the IP address 10.0.1.3 the last screen is C- Password:
This is the password you entered when you set up Screen Sharing: I click on the advanced button and select mikes wireless. the turn airport on or off button is checked. The remember networks this computer has joined is checked and turn airport on or off is checked.
the airport ID is 00:1e:c2:9c:fa:80.
across the top of the network page is airport/TCP/IP DNS WINS /802.1x/proxies and ethernet are the selections. Airport is selected.
The location is set to automatic, Status is Connected under that it is says Airport is connected to mikes wireless and has the IP address 10.0.1.3. So that is the extent of network selection in system preferences on my imac.
I have also gone to file sharing in network preferences and file sharing is on. Web sharing is on. Remote management is on. I cannot selectscreen sharing as I get the message "Screen sharing is being controlled by the Remote Managemnet Service.
In the Computer name it says IMAC under that it says Computers on your local network can access your computer at: rmichaelgray-5.local.
I have tried many different avenues and nothing as I said I se up "Chicken of the VNC" with no problems and remotely controlled photoshop.
Why I purchased more than the .99 cent offer I just thought it would give me more options. I thought it would be faster or better somehow than the free program Chicken of the VNC
So I go to the home screen on my ipad and click STARTit says connecting for a millisecond and the Disconnected Can't resolvehostname: 'Mikes Wireless' the PLease make sure this hostname is typed correctly, and the machineis up and running with an OK button under this box. I appreciate your wanting to helpmany of these apps if they have trouble do not give a phone or contact information because they do not care I suppose. Perhaps I wasted my money, I remember the old days of file sharing and hardwiring machines in a loop. I know this works I am just not doing something correctly which is aggravating.
Mike
meyek

Postby raf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Hi Mike:

Remoter VNC requires VNC to work. In OS X, a VNC server is provided and is called "Screen Sharing".
You need to enable Screen Sharing to be able to connect from Remoter. If it tells you it can't because "Remote Management" is on, then try unselecting "Remote Management" first.

Once you enable screen sharing, click on "Computer Settings..." (in the Sharing window), and check and enter a password for "VNC viewers may control screen with password". This is the password you need to enter for remoter's VNC Password.

For the VNC Hostname in Remoter, you can use "10.0.1.3" or "rmichaelgray-5.local." (from your post).

Hope this helps!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support