Issue with clicking

Report your issues here

Issue with clicking

Postby Prodigyweb » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:58 pm

I'm sure I am doing something stupid wrong. Hope you can help.

I can not click anything. Well, I can but it doesn't transfer to my pc. On my iPad screen it shows a click but on my pc nothing happens.

I am running ultra vnc and windows 7 64 bit. I am connected via the Internet not localhost.

Thanks!
Prodigyweb

Re: Issue with clicking

Postby raf » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Please make sure your VNC server is not setup in "listen-only-mode".
On UltraVNC it's called "Disable Local inputs". See the video guide here: http://rafsoftware.com/rafsoftware/home/?page_id=796

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Prodigyweb » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:37 am

Wasn't it. After further investigating. It seems that the clicking with my dual monitor setup is the issue. It is clicking on my screen on the 1st screens outer edge. Happen to have any fix for that?

thanks for the help!
Prodigyweb

Postby raf » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:53 am

Prodigyweb wrote:Wasn't it. After further investigating. It seems that the clicking with my dual monitor setup is the issue. It is clicking on my screen on the 1st screens outer edge. Happen to have any fix for that?

thanks for the help!

Try changing monitor with the "Shake for Monitor Switch" option in the Remoter Config screen. Could you help me recreate this problem? Please give me as much info about your setup as possible, I haven't been able to recreate this problem locally. Info that would be helpful include: OS Version, VNC Server version, Monitor Resolution, special configurations.

Thanks,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby nohbody » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:58 am

Not trying to hijack the thread I'm having the same problem with multiple monitors. The pointer clicks in the top left corner of monitor three no matter which monitor I switch to. Here is an image to give you an idea of how my monitors are setup. Sounds like the same problem Prodigyweb is having. Maybe something to do with a monitor being above the others? Is that how yours are setup, Prodigyweb?

nohbody

Postby jalperin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:53 am

I'm having exactly the same problem using my iPad 2. Until I saw this post, I thought the problem was that the clicks weren't registering at all, but now I see that while they register on the iPad in the correct place, the cursor on my Win 7 x64 machine shows up in the upper left corner of display #2. I have 2 displays: display 1 (primary) is on the right and display 2 is on the left. The problem also occurs if I switch Remoter VNC on the iPad to view dispaly #2; the clicks are still being recorded in the upper left corner of display #2.

I'm using Ultra VNC 1.0.8.2 x64 set up as shown below.
ultravnc-properties.jpg
ultravnc-properties.jpg (158.7 KiB) Viewed 7703 times
jalperin

same issue on iPhone 4

Postby jalperin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:56 am

I just tried this on the iPhone 4 with the same results, so it's not an iPad issue.
jalperin

Postby raf » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:18 am

Yes, this is not a device specific problem. Unfortunately I don't have a 3 monitor setup to try this. I haven't been able to recreate with two monitors. It's either something with Remoter, or UltraVNC expecting the cursor location to have an offset. I'll look into this for 2.1
Thanks for the reports,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby jalperin » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:23 am

ugh. it's unusable until then unless I've missed a workaround.
jalperin

Postby raf » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 am

jalperin wrote:ugh. it's unusable until then unless I've missed a workaround.

It's only 3 monitor setups that exhibit this problem, correct? Does switching monitors using the Monitor Switch button help at all?

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Next

Return to Support