Multi monitor support with UltraVNC 1.0.8.2 problem

Report your issues here

Multi monitor support with UltraVNC 1.0.8.2 problem

Postby TRWap123 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Strange problem:
I have two monitors (both 1600x1200 DVI same video card) primary monitor with taskbar as display 1, secondary as display 2. Display 2 is to the left of display 1.
XP SP4, UltraVNC 1.0.8.2, Mirror Driver 1.0.22 (but without mirror driver: still big problems)

Problem A
When I connect:
(1) It shows display 2 first, not display 1
(2) Whatever I do: the cursor stays on the very left edge of display 2 (it moves up and down, but not into the screen)
(3) If I shake to reach display 1, it still displays on the very edge of screen 2

Changing the options to update the iOS cursor to the local cursor, and using the local PC mouse gives the following:
Problem B- It's really arbitary which display is shown on the iOS device, compared to the local computer.
Eg
iOS shows display 1, local cursor on display 1 = fine
iOS switched to show display 2, the iOS cursor only moves sensibly when local cursor on display 1. When local cursor on display 2 , iOS cursor stuck at edge of screen

But I've also had the cursors completely switched.... what I've never had is the local cusor and the iOS cursor agreeing for both displays!

PS shaking is really unreliable... takes 3 or 4 shakes and Remoter refreshes to switch screens.

Help.... unusable at the moment!
TRWap123

Re: Multi monitor support with UltraVNC 1.0.8.2 problem

Postby raf » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback; I'm going to attempt to simulate your scenario (I tested multi-monitor support using Windows 7, and smaller resolution displays), to see if I can recreate the problem. Hopefully later today. I'll let you know what I find.
Could you try reducing the resolution on your displays temporarily, to see if this helps?

Thanks again for report,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Bigeazy » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:38 pm

I am having the exact same issue described here. Using ultravnc, win vista x64, dual 1600x1200 displays. When can we expect a fix?
Bigeazy

Postby raf » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:01 pm

I haven't had a chance to recreate this problem yet. But the plan is to get it fixed for 2.01 (which I'm planning on submitting asap)

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support