V2.0 Comment

Report your issues here

V2.0 Comment

Postby ignatz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Thanks for the update! When I open the "Sessions" screen and touch one of my PC Profiles, Remoter tries (as before) to immediately sign on, but because the PC is not yet "Awake" it gets the "Disconnected" message - although the WOL has been sent and the PC is waking up. Would it not be better in the "Sessions" screen to remove that behavior and leave it all to the "Start" screen - which can choose between Sign on or Wake Up? Remoter then should always open with the "Start" screen. "Sessions" would only be for Profile editing, and not be used for the opening screen of Remoter.
Thanks.
ignatz

Re: V2.0 Comment

Postby raf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm planning on collecting most of the feedback on version 2.0 during the week, and release an update 2.01 with most of them. Specially if any bugs are uncovered, but also for good suggestions like yours.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Wait, after reading your post a second time, I'm confused. You say "sessions" is the opening screen of Remoter. This is not the case, though. You need to manually tap on the top-most,left button (sessions) to bring the sessions screen up.
I do agree with you that WoL should be relegated to the button on the main screen, though.
The problem with removing the "connection" functionality from the sessions list, is that there are lots of users that have a LOT of sessions defined, and for them it's much easier to pick the right machine from the sessions list, rather than having to find it via the main screen scroller.. Does that make sense?

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby ignatz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:53 pm

I understand the point about "Sessions" and the folks that use it. "Sessions" will be the opening screen if you close Remoter with that screen open. For the best of both worlds, can the "Sessions" screen have a "Start" and "WOL" button (too)? Right now it jumps head long into a connection failure, even though I know I need to wake the PC first (I do realize that Remoter is waking the PC if I set WOL). Thanks.
ignatz

Postby raf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:58 pm

ignatz wrote:I understand the point about "Sessions" and the folks that use it. "Sessions" will be the opening screen if you close Remoter with that screen open. For the best of both worlds, can the "Sessions" screen have a "Start" and "WOL" button (too)? Right now it jumps head long into a connection failure, even though I know I need to wake the PC first (I do realize that Remoter is waking the PC if I set WOL). Thanks.

I see what you mean, not a bad idea. I'll add a trac ticket for that.

BTW, whatever screen you were last in will be the one you come back to when you "restart" Remoter, because Remoter was never closed. With iOS 4.0 (and it's multitasking), Remoter stays running (or suspended) in the background, like most Apps, and when you go back to them, you are back to where you left off. You can force close apps by opening the multitasking bar (double-tap home), and tap and hold on Remoter, then tap the close button (-).

Raf.

Edit: See trac's tickets #67 and #68 (trac.rafsoftware.com)
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support